Assistant Finance Analyst
About the position
The Assistant Finance Analyst is responsible for a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment. Reporting to the Finance Analyst based in Sydney with strong dotted line to the Group Finance Manager based in Oxford Head Office, you will proactively manage the day-to day financial processes and identify improvement opportunities. You will work closely with the Oxford and Sydney Finance team, as well as the wider Global Business Infrastructure and Operations team.
You will support the maintenance of financial accounts, preparing financial reports and analysis, maintain the financial databases and systems and recommend changes as appropriate. You will work closely with our external accountants on month end procedures as well as financial statements and tax filings. You will be responsible for our invoicing processes, chasing aged debtors as well as managing accounts payables.
We are looking for someone who can work independently, has excellent attention to detail and can hit the ground running. You must have excellent organisational skills and be a confident communicator.
This is a chance to gain experience within an organisation where individuals thrive on change and work within an exciting and dynamic environment.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of around 400 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities.
We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices across the globe and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.
- Ensuring transactions are recorded in line with local accounting laws and regulations.
- Assisting the Finance Analyst to maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers.
- Bank accounts reconciliations
- Company insurance and Workcover management
- Liaising with our external accountant to ensure that month end and year end procedures run smoothly, and all group deadlines are met.
- Working closely with the business teams to understand the status of projects to ensure that revenue is recognised appropriately.
- Maintaining the subscriptions database for the office to ensure that revenue is recognised appropriately, and customers are invoiced on timely basis.
- Provide analysis on topics relating to finance matters for the Managing Director and Office Manager as required.
- Processing purchase invoices and staff expenses
- Develop and implement your ideas to optimise financial processes.
- Support to the Group Finance team with all necessary tasks and projects
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the continued development of a successful and thriving operations team in a fast-paced and exciting industry.
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- A fun, collaborative, and international work culture
- Regular team building and sporting events.
- The office is situated in a convenient central location, close to public transport.
What we are looking for
- Accounting knowledge and/or experience
- The ability to analyse data clearly with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Affinity for numbers
- Accuracy and ability to learn quickly.
- High level of responsibility and reliability
- Team-oriented and interested in working in an international environment.
- Experience with accounting system, maintaining financial trackers, bank reconciliations, preparing accruals and prepayments, and reconciling general ledger balances.
- Experience working with offshore teams and external service providers.
- Experience working with an ERP System
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received.
To apply, please submit your CV, a brief cover letter, your salary expectations and state your earliest possible start date to the website link.