Audit Senior - Barbados and Trinidad
- Deloitte & Touche Trinidad
- Barbados (BB) and Trinidad and Tobago
- Not disclosed
- 15 May 2023
- 15 Jun 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing, Insurance
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified, Qualified accountant
Do you want to work with an intellectually curious team of external auditors working to design and develop innovative solutions for our clients?
Audit Senior - Barbados and Trinidad
- Be exposed to a complex and global client portfolio, and provide insight that can inform and guide clients’ future aspirations.
- Learn from the best and most highly-regarded professionals in the market – a focus on your coaching, learning, and development.
- Be a part of a top global professional services firm, while making an impact in your community!
What will your typical day look like?
As an Audit Senior, you challenge the status quo, apply original thought and as a result, play an integral role in designing and completing Audit solutions for your clients in various industries, including financial services. Your keen interest for continuous learning along with your excellent communication and relationship-building skills position you as a trusted advisor with your clients. You are known for your project management skills and ability to execute audits under pressure.
About the team
In Assurance & Advisory, our specialized accounting skills empower clients to have a clear understanding of their accounts and financial position. We don’t just understand our clients’ businesses, we look for growth opportunities and identify risks beyond traditional financial reporting functions.
We approach our work with a collaborative mindset and know that we are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. As the marketplace recognizes our talent, our team of auditors and accountants is growing more than ever, and that’s why we need you to join us. Learn more about Deloitte Audit by visiting our website.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree or above with excellent academic credentials (minimum GPA of 3.2) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management or related disciplines
- Internationally recognized professional accounting qualification complete or near completion: ACCA, CPA, CA, ACA or other designation as accepted by the local accounting institute
- 2 to 3 years audit experience with a Public Practice Firm
- Excellent in-charge or senior experience
Not required, but preferred:
- Experience in the financial services industry sector (insurance, asset management)
- Experience with a Big 4 professional services firm
At Deloitte, in order to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we commit to:
- Providing our people with a supportive culture, rooted in our shared values and driven by our purpose, to make an impact that matters.
- Promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, well-being, and learning and development.
- Providing an equitable and transparent performance and career management experience.
- Providing increased agility and flexibility within our hybrid working model and opportunities for mobility across projects, businesses, and borders.
- Offering a competitive total compensation and rewards package along with a variety of benefits and programs to support you and your family’s needs including our well-being subsidy, paid leave, and YouTime.
For select roles, we provide contracts up to two years in length and international relocation packages.
We know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, ability or thinking style; and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte.
Roles are available in both Barbados and Trinidad.