Audit Associate - Barbados and Trinidad
Couple your accounting knowledge with your creative mind. Join our team and help design game-changing solutions for our clients!
- Be supported through your professional career and realize your potential to be a future leader
- Learn from the best and most highly-regarded professionals in the market – a focus on your coaching, learning, and development
- Be a part of a firm that strives to make an impact that matters - to your community, our clients, and your future!
What will your typical day look like?
When people hear Audit, they usually think of numbers in Excel sheets and calculators placed on piles of paper. When we say Audit, we mean much more than that. Audit is about providing a foundation for financial markets, it's about creating trustful relationships with our clients, it’s about delivering assurance upon which banks, shareholders and investors can base their decisions, and most importantly it’s about the pride to help our clients. You’ll work with the Audit Senior to identify challenge areas and risks and to provide professional advice to our clients. You have a great sense of responsibility, show initiative, and work accurately. You are ambitious and have excellent communication skills. At Deloitte CBC, Audit is truly much #MoreThanNumbers.
About the team
In Assurance & Advisory, our specialized accounting skills empower clients to have a clear understanding of their accounts and financial position. We don’t just understand our clients’ businesses, we look for growth opportunities and identify risks beyond traditional financial reporting functions.
We approach our work with a collaborative mindset and know that we are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. As the marketplace recognizes our talent, our team of auditors and accountants is growing more than ever, and that’s why we need you to join us. Learn more about Deloitte Audit by visiting our website.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials (minimum GPA 3.2) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management ,or related disciplines
- Currently pursuing an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA)
- Accounting or audit experience is not required but would be an asset
- Experience in the relevant industry is considered an asset
At Deloitte, in order to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we commit to:
- Providing our people with a supportive culture, rooted in our shared values and driven by our purpose, to make an impact that matters.
- Promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, well-being, and learning and development.
- Providing an equitable and transparent performance and career management experience.
- Providing increased agility and flexibility within our hybrid working model and opportunities for mobility across projects, businesses, and borders.
- Offering a competitive total compensation and rewards package along with a variety of benefits and programs to support you and your family’s needs including our well-being subsidy, paid leave, and YouTime.
- For select roles, we provide contracts up to two years in length and international relocation packages.
We know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, ability or thinking style; and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte.
Roles are available in both Barbados and Trinidad.