Analyst - Credit Debt Collection (Thai)
Where you fit:
The purpose of this role is to manage the debt collection and cash allocation activities for the Thailand Commercial Fuels business. The role involves identifying shortcomings in current processes, systems, and procedures, and making suggestions to improve existing methods. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing debt collection activities and ensuring that customer debts are collected in line with contracted payment terms. This role requires a high level of negotiation skills and involves maximizing commercial opportunities while taking acceptable risks.
What's the role:
Debt Collection and Cash Allocation:
- Perform debt collection activities and ensure timely collection of customer debts in line with contracted payment terms.
- Adhere to the escalation process in carrying out the debt collection activities.
- Manage the release of credit blocked orders.
- Perform cash allocation activities and ensure timely allocation.
- Investigate payment discrepancy reasons if the customer fails to provide it in their remittance data.
- Perform accounts reconciliation when necessary.
- Negotiate and recommend refinancing of overdue debts.
- Recommend for credit line increase/decrease/revocation.
- Handle customer queries as well as that of the Customer Service Centre.
- Coordinate with Sales and the business account reviews on assigned portfolios.
- Maintain and foster good working relationships with Sales, the business, and with relevant FO business partners.
- Gather data, analyze and report findings.
- Conduct analyses to solve relatively standardized or repetitive information and data queries/problems.
- Support stakeholders in understanding analyses/outcomes, guides based on basic data analysis.
- Interaction with others demands influencing and persuasion in a tactful manner to obtain and understand the background of information.
- Identify shortcomings in current processes, systems, and procedures and make suggestions and give input to improve existing methods, systems, and procedures.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Perform reporting and analysis when required.
- Backup other countries when required.
- Provide out of office support during Saturday on a rotation basis.
- Follow Thailand Public Holiday.
- Maintain and submit quarterly provisions for all OUs in the team.
- Act as the focal for T&S when communicating with Business and internal/external legal parties.
- Recommend best action forward for accounts under debt recovery or already under legal.
- Degree in Accounting or any related Finance/Business course.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in performing call outs and other collection efforts to third party customers.
- Experienced and adept with SAP system.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, with very good attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Critical thinking and attention to details
- Independence and self-discipline
- Receivables Management: Skill
- Operational Credit Risk Management: Skill
- Business Acumen & Partnering: Skill
- Credit Policies & Compliance: Knowledge
- Manage Bad Debt: Knowledge
- Change Management: Knowledge
- Credit Risk Assessment: Knowledge
Translated Company Description
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.