Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
You will be a key member of the growing Accounting and Business Advisory team based in Milton Keynes. You will be responsible for working on a broad range of accounting, financial reporting and business advisory assignments. A Manager is expected to complete technically challenging projects and be able to manage a profitable client portfolio being responsible for project management, high quality files and deliverables and good client relationships. The fast growth of the department will create opportunities to develop further skill sets including business development, coaching our team and participating in the roll out of our new technology solutions.
You will support your clients on the preparation of their annual statutory accounts which might include help in closing their books, providing support and insight on the preparation of management accounts and potentially support on cloud accounting matters if the candidate has that relevant experience.
A strong understanding of UK GAAP (FRS102 Section 1a, FRS 102 and potentially IFRS) and accounting principles is desirable. Experience of working under other GAAPs/SORPs would be a bonus.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing people, will be ACA or ACCA qualified and be able to demonstrate good experience in financial reporting.
We would actively encourage people with a desire to work reduced/flexible hours to apply for this role in our friendly and supportive team.
- Managing a team in the preparation of financial statements that are compliant with FRS 102 Section 1a, FRS 102 and potentially IFRS and other relevant accounting standards.
- Experience of cloud accounting platforms such as Xero is desirable but not essential.
- Management of a portfolio of clients and projects, including client care responsibilities, project management and WIP/billing management.
- To provide insights to our clients drawing on the firm’s depth of resources and help to introduce other service lines as you build those relationships
- To deliver excellent client service. The position will involve significant client interaction.
- To ensure that assignments are undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To liaise with other departments within the office/region, especially the audit, VAT and corporate tax teams. To ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Dealing with cost management, billing and other administrative issues relating to the portfolio.
- A willingness to travel to client’s premises or other regional offices is required. However, the significant proportion of work is office-based working within our fast-growing team.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified or equivalent.
- UK GAAP and financial reporting experience.
- Experience of working in a professional practice.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with clients.
- Experience of management of a team.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, with high competency with both Excel and Word.
- Well-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleagues. To enjoy working as part of a close-knit and friendly team bringing energy and enthusiasm to the role.
- A technical or sector specialism, for example IFRS and/or charities experience.
- Working alongside an audit and tax team.
- Xero or experience with other cloud accounting packages.
- An understanding of data analytic tools such as Alteryx and/or Power BI
- CCH or similar professional accounts preparation packages.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.