Accounting Insight Advisory Supervisor
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Overall Job Purpose
You will be a key member of the growing Accounting and Insight Advisory, part of our Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team based in Leeds. You will be responsible for working on a broad range of accounting and business advisory assignments within our Accounting, Insight and Advisory team for our SME clients. A supervisor is expected to complete technically challenging projects and to begin to manage a portfolio of clients. The fast growth of the department will create opportunities to develop further skill sets including business development, coaching of junior staff and participating in recruitment of graduate trainees.
As a Supervisor within the team a strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles under UK GAAP is essential. The main purpose of the role will be the preparation of statutory accounts under FRS 102 (s1A) and FRS 105. Experience of working with cloud accounting platforms is also desirable.
- Preparation of financial statements that are compliant with FRS 102, FRS 105 and other relevant accounting standards.
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members in the preparation of financial statements that are compliant with FRS 102, FRS 105 and other relevant accounting standards
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, promptly communicating any identified issues or concerns to the assignment manager and/or partner, while proposing effective solutions.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and projects, including budgeting, cost management, billing, debt recoverability, client care responsibilities, project management, and WIP/billing management
- Ability to provide insights to our clients drawing on the firm’s depth of resources and help to introduce other service lines as you build those relationships
- Provide exceptional client service with a high degree of client engagement expected in this role
- Ensure that assignments are undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Liaise with other departments within the office, especially the audit and corporate tax teams. To ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Utilising Excel, Word and CCH AP 2 to produce working papers and financial statements
- Acting as a coach to more junior members of the team and to participate in staff training and supervision as required. This role has the opportunity for line management of junior staff depending on experience
- A willingness to travel to client’s premises is required. However, the significant proportion of work is office-based working within our fast-growing team
Personal and professional qualities
Once you start your RSM career, you’ll be welcomed into a community of professionals who’ll help you spark ideas, find new solutions and make you feel like you belong.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience must include:
- Fully Qualified Accountant - ACA/ACCA or equivalent with previous experience of working within professional services
- Working experience of UK GAAP and financial reporting experience
- Proven track record of successful project management and organisational skills
- Managing a portfolio of clients, while utilising FRS 102 Section 1a, FRS 102 and potentially IFRS and other relevant accounting standards such as UK GAAP
- Experience of supervising and overseeing a team, including training, coaching, and performance management
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook and advanced Excel
- Technical or sector specialism, for example IFRS and/or charities experience
- Experience of cloud accounting packages or Xero
- Knowledge of CCH or similar professional accounts preparation packages
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.