Business Tax Services - Private Client Services, Senior Associate
Business is constantly evolving, and more than ever, staying competitive is all about identifying and adapting to change. Where there’s change, there’s risk, and our clients look to us for authoritative experience and insights into strategic tax opportunities. As a Tax Senior, you’ll play a key role in that mission, providing tailored tax and financial planning for some of our most prestigious clients across all backgrounds.
Private Client Services (PCS) is a growing practice within EY, and you’ll see that growth reflected in your career. The team has a dedicated focus towards serving privately held companies and their owners and their families. These clients span from family owned businesses to private equity owned companies. One thing they all have in common is they are high growth private companies. As many companies choose to no longer go public, this is an ever increasing and exciting group of companies from start-up companies all the way to multi-billion-dollar global private enterprises. With a diverse portfolio of interesting and challenging work, you’ll make an impact on some of the most technically demanding tax planning and compliance projects around. You’ll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. This is an opportunity for cross-border and cross-functional teaming. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen.
Your key responsibilities
We’ll look to you to support our managers through partners in providing tax services. You’re likely to balance your time between compliance and planning, focusing on and interacting directly with our clients. These clients will be private entities as well as individuals/families with ultra-high net worth, and expectations to match. That will make you a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues. Other than that, you will be:
- Researching tax issues to develop effective tax planning strategies
- Open to all types of tax work from entity to individual
- Translating complex data from a range of sources into client-ready insights and deliverables
- Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients
- Maintaining your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and finest practice knowledge
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
- Identifying and reacting to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in a related field
- Have obtained or have active progress towards a professional accounting certification (i.e. CPA/MICPA/ICAEW/ACCA)
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization, supported by significant tax compliance and planning experience
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
Ideally, you’ll also have technical competency in one or more of these areas
- Experience with high net-worth tax planning
- An understanding of estate and wealth planning
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.