Financial Services Advisory Semi-Senior
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
We are looking for a Semi-Senior to join our Financial Services Advisory Department. This role will be attractive to individuals who ideally have experience in the Insolvency industry as well individuals with an auditing & assurance or advisory background and who enjoy working in a dynamic environment where they can make a positive impact by driving quality.
The team works on a diverse range of Financial Services Advisory assignments for a multitude of clients. These assignments include lead advisory roles, corporate restructuring exercises, independent business reviews and client project resourcing. As a Semi-Senior within the team, a successful candidate will have a lead role on such engagements, taking responsibility for certain deliverables and client interaction. Some assignments would involve on site project engagement.
Successful candidates will demonstrate key skills such as providing high quality client service, ability to work autonomously, delivering high quality deliverables within set deadlines whilst operating in a commercially astute manner.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to build a long term and successful financial services advisory career, and offers industry-leading opportunities for professional development and progression.
- Manage and be accountable for a variety of assignments and engagements;
- Assess strategic options and devise effective solutions for a portfolio of assignments and engagements to ensure key deliverables are completed in a timely manner;
- Liaise with third party professionals including legal advisors and corporate service providers in order to progress assignments and engagements;
- Prepare and review reports for distribution to senior team members and client;
- Ensure all statutory reporting requirements are adhered to and submitted within specific deadlines where applicable;
- Ensure all work is in accordance with relevant legislation, industry guidance and departmental standards;
- Manage more junior staff to ensure assigned projects and tasks meet required deadlines and quality expectations; and
- Mentor and develop junior staff – our people and their careers are at the centre of everything we do.
Skills and Attributes:
- Part ACA / ACCA qualified or hold an equivalent professional qualification;
- Possess good working knowledge of insolvency legislation and legal precedents (not essential);
- Self-confident with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport at all levels;
- Excellent communications skills, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills;
- Commercially aware with an ability to assimilate facts and make decisions based on same;
- Highly motivated, demonstrating a strong enthusiasm to take ownership of tasks and deliver work of exceptional standard;
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities with an ability to manage a number of tasks, work under pressure and coordinate the work load of more junior staff members;
- Ability and desire to provide guidance to others; and
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise.
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.