Associate Consultant, International BPS (Professional Firms)
Are you currently an Associate with Malaysian audit experience? Constantly bombarded with questions around how technology may affect the relevance of what you have learnt from your academic training? Looking to establish good tech-inclined fundamentals in the accounting scene to give yourself a smooth career path ahead?
The International BPS (Professional Firms) team brings the synergies of digital Business Process Services to international professional firms. We help professional firms outside Malaysia transform the scalability of their professional departments by adopting the combined synergies of digital technology and a competent Malaysian professional accounting team.
As an Associate Consultant, you will use your academic and professional certification training to full use by ensuring that you learn and work productively in the most efficient and street smart manner under the guidance and direction of your superiors, a competent and professionally demanding team of experts to deliver international professional assignments, while keep clients happy with the team’s service deliverables:
- Take an active role in executing the completion of services to our international client(s), including working with seniors, managers and international partners to complete the testing, reporting and more
- Maintain active communication with team members (local and international) to obtain and perform further work on documentation, review potential issues and make recommendations to ensure successful assignment delivery
- Research and analyse issues and transactions and document procedures and results
- Maintain strict client confidentiality
The International BPS (Professional Firms) Team
Transcending the traditional concept of BPO (Business Process Outsourcing), the BPS team specialises in working with our international professional firm clients to explore feasible use of new technologies that empower professional firms to improve operating effectiveness through process improvements, shared services, and outsourcing while deliver business performance and growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification such as MIA, ACCA, CPA Australia, ICAEW, etc. (both fully qualified and semi qualified welcomed to apply)
- Minimum 3 to 6 months’ of relevant financial audit experience (e.g. via internships during studies, full-time work after graduation, etc.)
- Competent command of professional English language skills
- Demonstrate academic knowledge of ISAs, IFRS / MFRS / SFRS and key provisions from the Companies Act
- Prepared to learn and train on rules and practices of foreign jurisdiction(s)
- Demonstrate confidence and maturity to work under pressure, in a virtual setting, with an international team
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and collaborate well with a team
- Candidates without the minimum financial audit experience (as discussed above) seeking a pivot from their current accounting related position e.g. Accounts Executive, Financial Analyst, etc. are encouraged to apply
- Fresh accounting graduates with a good grasp of IFRS / MFRS currently pursuing a professional accounting qualification are encouraged to apply too
Advantageous if you also possess one or few of the following:
- Self-driven and possess inclination towards use of technology for professional services
- Open to learning new technical knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Eager to assist with and take ownership of assigned activities
- Excellent analytical and accounting technical skills
- Possess experience or certification of audit software usage and advanced MS Word, MS Excel
- Possess complete / fully qualified accounting qualification
Being a digital-focused organisation, we expect you to work productively and comfortably in a hybrid work environment. You should have the ability to seamlessly transition between a virtual work environment and a physical office (based out of Bangsar South City) as the situation requires. We believe that our work is not bound by physical borders. Similarly, our team members are effective and productive regardless of work location.