The role of the Intermediate Accountant will be involved in providing professional accounting services to a diverse range of clients, from start-up and family owned businesses to medium sized corporates. This role will provide exposure to numerous clients across a broad range of industries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare a range of special purpose financial statements for different type entities and private groups;
- Prepare income tax returns for all entities, including consolidated tax returns;
- Prepare clear and concise work papers and review work papers of junior staff;
- Support and supervise junior staff on certain jobs, as appropriate;
- Review appropriate completed tax, GST and FBT returns for compliance, and be able to identify noncompliance issues arising;
- Perform basic tax planning for clients;
- Quarterly and annual tax compliance matters;
- Be the main point of contact for a range of clients, maintain and develop client relationships;
- Provide business services support and prompt and accurate advice to clients in relation to their business operations, financial and accounting matters;
What you’ll need to succeed
- CA or CPA Qualification or currently studying;
- 1-2 years Business Services/Tax experience (mid-tier experience desirable);
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well and build relationships with clients and colleagues
- Attention to detail and a proactive approach to work;
- Team player; committed to supporting team members;
- Self-motivated; takes responsibility for personal and professional development;
- MYOB, Xero, Spotlight and Fathom, MS Office
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, dynamic culture, workplace flexibility, career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done.
To submit your application please click Apply Now!
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUSTFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.