Fund Expense Oversight Manager, State Street Global Advisors, Associate Vice President
SSGA’s Global Funds Management (“GFM”) team drives sound fund oversight programs across SSGA’s funds and services. Newly established GFM’s Fund Expense Oversight Center of Excellence (“COE”) is looking for Fund Expense Oversight Manager who will act as a Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) and take ownership of a variety of fund expense activities as well as manage support staff on the Expense Team in order to lead the team in supporting our vision of a centralized team of expense experts across a variety of fund ranges. The team that you will be joining oversees funds registered in multiple EMEA and North America countries with diverse fund and umbrella structures. The candidate would be responsible for various operational tasks and support and also guiding/managing the team within the COE construct to meet our goals and report progress to senior managers.
As Fund Expense Oversight Manager, you will:
- Review fund expenses and approve invoice payments based on Fee Schedules and other agreements with the vendors.
- Liaise with vendors, regulators and other parties to ensure expenses charged to the funds are correct.
- Ensure accruals and payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner by corporate teams and service providers.
- Ensure SSGA fund expense records are accurate and up to date.
- Review and approve funds TERs and other expense reports delivered by service providers.
- Help establish standardized and effective governance structure over fund expenses
- Support process automation.
- Act as an Expense Expert for queries and escalation issues received from SSGA departments and clients.
- Manage a team of less than 10 members of the Expense COE team.
- Provide updates to Senior Management of progress and accomplishments of the Expense COE team.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent attention to details.
- Focus on continuous process improvement, procedure writing, and risk mitigation.
- Strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and prioritize.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 4-6 years of experience in financial services.
- Mutual Fund, Cash Fund, ETF, UCITS, SICAV experience a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- Computer proficient especially with advanced Excel features.
- Proficient in English language.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate opinions clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.