Senior Business Adviser – Strategic Resourcing Solutions
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Strategic Resourcing Solutions (SRS) team, which sits within our Business Services and Outsourcing offering provide an on-demand and project focused accounting service for us and our clients. Whilst working on a project you will typically work (on-site or remotely) alongside the finance team of one of our clients in diverse organisations from all industry sectors ranging from larger SMEs to multi-billion corporates and listed entities. By building deep and meaningful relationships with our clients, the SRS team will also open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career, few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. In this role will expected to assist our clients in the following ways:
- Delivery of management accounts for more complex clients which are technically accurate.
- Streamlining accounting and finance function processes
- Audit pack preparation
- Group accounts consolidation
- Prepare VAT returns and liaison with clients/ VAT team over any issues.
- Review and improvement of financial systems, processes and controls
- Prepare and review half and full year financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Prepare complex balance sheet reconciliations and dealing with issues directly with the client as if you were a permanent member of their team.
- Maintain fixed asset register- processing invoices, calculating and posting depreciation journals.
- Provide clients with advice on day to day accounting transactions and appropriate accounting treatment.
- Prepare standard KPI dashboards from the client’s accounting system, using templates.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for clients’ management purposes.
- Interim financial support and trouble shooting
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Industry or practice trained qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or equivalent experience
- Solid accounting knowledge with previous experience within accounts preparation and outsourced accounting
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Good knowledge of corporation tax, income tax, VAT, PAYE, company secretarial procedures and applications
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and use of all standard in house packages
- Proficient in the use of accounting software and willing to learn new packages
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.