Costing & Inventory Accountant (Contract)
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- Costing and Inventory Accountant is responsible for product costing and cost accounting at manufacturing sites and warehouses.
- The role requires understanding of complex accounting matters, quick problem-solving skills and strong collaboration with other finance and non-finance teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure cost for new products and annual standard product costs were successfully and correctly updated in the system
- Review and validate transfer pricing prior to load the pricing into the system
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies in Flag set up and cost variation between several source systems
- Upload country tax rates and commissionaire rates into the system
- Ensure that correct system access is been set up per individual/group whereby they view costs only relevant to their position/region
- Respond to queries from local country stakeholders in a timely manner
- Provide audit support as needed
- Support regional and global reporting requirements such as monthly Balance Sheet & P&L Flux analysis
- Support monthly/quarterly/annual close processes
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls
- Support local, regional, and global projects, as required
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement opportunities
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience. Also open to fresh graduates
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit
- Good knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Include the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CPA
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required
- Experience in JDE, Blackline, Alteryx and W-Desk is an advantage
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g., month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work on public holidays
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.