EMEA VAT Compliance Manager
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.Summary:
EMEA A2R Manager - VAT Compliance is part of the Regional Controlling organization and is critical in ensuring compliance with VAT regulations and US GAAP requirements for VAT accounting.
The role requires an understanding of complex VAT and accounting matters, quick problem-solving skills and strong collaboration with other finance and non-finance teams.
Person in this position will lead 8-10 experts of the Regional VAT and Statistical & Reporting team, ensuring compliance and internal reporting requirements in the countries in a given scope.What will you be doing?
- Ensuring timely and accurate submission of VAT returns, statistical and internal reporting.
- Supporting VAT-related internal and external audits and working with the regional tax team and tax advisors to prepare audit defence strategy when required.
- Coordinating responses to VAT and statistical queries from local authorities, statistical offices and other internal departments.
- Cooperating with tax advisors to monitor indirect tax legislation and its impact on the organization and processes.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with other finance and non-finance teams, as well as external vendors, to manage VAT & Statistical compliance and other internal reporting.
- Ensuring that processes comply with company policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements, and local rules and regulations; supporting the strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Building and leading high-performing teams with a focus on engagement and talent development.
- Supporting local, regional and global projects by providing financial expertise and advisory.
- Expanding the scope of the team's responsibilities in line with Baxter Business Services' overall strategy.
- Experienced People Lead with at least 10 years of relevant finance professional experience, including at least 3 years in a managing and developing team.
- Person with proven experience in a multinational and/or audit environment demonstrating indirect tax experience, and strong US GAAP knowledge.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and can-do attitude.
- In terms of tools knowledge, proficient user of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint (experience with Baxter financial systems e.g. JD Edwards, Blackline and FCCS would be an advantage).
- From required education - Master's degree in Finance/Accounting or ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Fixed-term contract for 3 months and after successful completion the next preferred type of contract is for an indefinite period.
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, recognition award program.
- Corporate culture based on our values: collaboration, speed, courage and simplicity.
- Possibilities for development on a personal and professional level in one of the leading global MedTech companies.
- Package of benefits including Private medical care (Lux Med), Life Insurance, Multisport card.
- Bax4U - cafeteria/lunch cards (300 PLN monthly).
- PPE program with very attractive conditions available for each employee after 3 months.
- Fully covered language courses (English or other languages according to business needs).
- Co-financing of holidays and an additional 2 days off from work annually.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Great Warsaw office location - Powiśle!