Senior Associate - Corporate Tax Generalist (PwC Acceleration Center Kuala Lumpur)
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow. It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible. Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in tax issues facing multinational US companies or publicly traded entities, especially in the areas of income tax compliance, accounting methods and consulting services tailored to organizations with domestic operations with the goal of tax minimization.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in technical skills related to preparation of corporate and/or partnership income tax returns.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success working with tax tools and resources including income tax compliance software.
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by:
- Prioritizing tasks;
- Demonstrating considerable knowledge of analytical, mathematical, and research skills;
- Communicating with client and team effectively through both oral and written methods; and,
- Paying close attention to detail.
As a tax technical professional, demonstrates ability to research business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals, considering opportunities across multiple lines of service.
Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
- Exposure to pricing, client value and the negotiation process, including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Chartered Accountant or equivalent (such as ICAEW / ACCA / MICPA-CAANZ/ CPA Australia).
- Minimum Years of Experience: 2 year(s)
- Oral and written proficiency in English required
- Strong leadership, teamwork and client servicing skills
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written English
Additional Application Instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM onwards (or equivalent)
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Click on this link to know more about PwC's Acceleration Centers.
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree - Accounting
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.