Specialist (Global Accounting Center in Asia Region)
UPS is the world largest package delivery company with a 2022 Revenue of USD 100.3 billion, ranked 34 in 2023 Fortune 500 listing. We are also the 7th largest employer in America with a global headcount of more than 500,000 employees. Globally Accounting Center in Singapore act as a Business Partner to UPS subsidiaries and associate companies across Asia Pacific and China. We bring together a diverse pool of qualified accountants, specialists and managers operating in a Shared Service Accounting environment, to perform key accounting services , manages statutory audit & tax reporting, compliance work and solutioning to the businesses.
We are ACCA Gold Approved Employer for Trainee & Professional Development as well as CPA Australia Recognized Employer Partner.
Link to UPS Career job:
Reporting to BPO Management Tower Supervisor, the Management Specialist is responsible for maintaining accuracy of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journals for multiple legal entities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform month end account review, including control Account checks and correcting journal entries to clear
• Monitor close progress and review BPO Journal Entry Dashboard for assigned entities for task completion status
• Review Overdue Items Report, follow up with BPO and escalate overdue items as needed
• Conduct pre/post close calls with each tower lead to review finance activity (monthly and quarterly)
• Approve journal entries and reconciliations
• Run report in Blackline and review accounts for aging and value. Perform research and work with BPO owner to resolve. Develop an action plan to resolve R-items >60 days and >$100K
• Generate GL reports, perform trend analysis, and commence Variance Analysis
• Prepare Tower Close Package consisting of variance analysis with commentary, risk and issues log, Balance Sheet Aging (R-Items)
• Monitor BPO performance against the terms of the SLAs. Escalate discrepancies along with CAP to BPO Management Tower Leads. Oversee the implementation of CAP.
• Act as liaison between UPS stakeholders and BPO to fulfill information requests and answer questions
• Ensure completion of DLPs
• Assess training needs and identify plan to deliver required training
• Be informed of and implement changes to the SLA
• Review post-close BPO Journal Entry activities to identify opportunities to decrease transaction volume and increase efficiency
• Update risk and issue log
• Work across towers to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
• Manage BPO disaster recovery planning, updates, and testing as well as contingency plans
• Ensure BPO compliance with ACR record retention policy
• Work with GAC BPO Management Tower Leads to understand new responsibilities as part of migration of new work. Assess the need for changes to the SLA to accommodate the migration of new work
Requirement for the position:
• Minimum Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Possesses at least 5 years relevant experience in accounting or internal audit or public accounting in any industries
• Applies accounting theory and principles are mandatory
• Attention to detail and possess good analytical, problem solving skill
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to work collaboratively with different stakeholders and remote teams
• Proactive and independent team player who enjoyed working in dynamic environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.