R&A FAC Analyst (Mandarin)
Where you fit:
The R&A FAC Analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of their process responsibilities. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery.
The role will have a mix of deliverables between complex accounting and reporting activities. Ensuring business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the Standard Global Processes as well as Shell and External accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports. This could be through automation of systems or manual interventions.
What's the role?
R&A FAC Analyst support Group Reporting, Controllers and Finance Managers in their work for the Shell Downstream business. R&A FAC Analyst will have close interaction with the various stakeholders within FO (inside and outside R&A), Group Reporting as well as various class of business.
- Complete all assigned complex process activities (General Leger, Group Reporting, Management Information, Fixed assets, Statutory and other) in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide support to other team members on complex issues using knowledge and experience
- Provide expertise to FO and non FO stakeholders: GFRM / IFRS subject matter expert
- Participate and leads R&A process projects across various locations
- Initiate and lead process improvements
- Resolve and escalate issues timely and effectively
- Comply with team, centre, process and global policies and procedures
- Manage effectively interfaces with FO and non FO stakeholders, build end to end perspective
- SOAR owner/supervisor role
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility
- Control owner / control operator (RDS, FCM, business)
- Must be part qualified accountant or qualified by minimum 3 to 4 years of experience.
- Thorough understanding of financial and management accounting.
- Extensive understanding of UK & US GAAP and IFRS accounting Standards and reporting requirements.
- Prior experience of and willingness to have hands-on involvement in the day-to –day financial activities.
- Analytical, systems/process and accounting skills, with the ability to recognize underlying issues and develop appropriate resolutions
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- CI mind set, able to identify ESSA opportunities and manage change.
- Desired knowledge of SAP
- Ability to read, write and speak in Chinese language.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.