Sr. Credit Analyst (Spanish Speaker)
Where you fit in
Based in London, you will be part of Shell’s Global Trading & Supply (T&S) Credit Risk organisation, providing credit risk advisory for complex structured (physical, financial, financing) transactions in the Energy business. The highly structured nature of the transactions, complexity and inherent risks require additional levels of risk management, monitoring and counterparty review and analysis.
You will be a member of the Credit Risk team providing credit oversight for new and existing structured transactions across Europe & Africa. You will be supporting Shell’s ongoing Energy transition initiatives across Shell’s Trading & Supply businesses and interact with other businesses across the organisation.
What’s the role?
The Senior Credit Analyst will be accountable for the following:
- Credit Assessments - Assess and judge the creditworthiness of existing and new counterparties and recommend appropriate credit support and limits. Review and challenge analysis produced by team members and offshore support functions.
- Due diligence – conduct comprehensive counterparty review and analysis to identify key risks.
- Structured Transactions – Structure credit solutions that mitigate risks and potential losses, applying credit solutions using a combination of covenants, security, guarantees and other credit mitigating solutions.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Management – reporting on the financial / credit performance of counterparties, including exposures and produce MI reports and escalate as and when required.
- Adherence to Policies - Ensure all contracts comply with the Shell T&S Credit Policy and the business is protected as far as possible from credit risk events. Enhance and challenge standards as and when required.
- Stakeholder engagement - Engaging proactively with front office to support the structuring of credit solutions for new and revised transactions, in particular the structuring of appropriate credit and financial arrangements along with the internal approvals and stakeholder engagement.
- Supporting colleagues - Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve team, group and company objectives. Manage, teach, develop, junior members of staff.
- Stakeholder management across the business - Reporting to key internal stakeholders including the Head of Structured Commercial Credit (Europe and Africa), the Head of Commercial Credit (Europe and Africa) and, in some cases, directly to the Chief Credit Officer and Chief Risk Officer to communicate potential risks and likely outcomes.
- Internal and External relationships development - have a detailed knowledge of the required Energy markets, identifying innovative solutions to meet customer and business needs.
- Work-out Management – Where the credit risk has increased to unacceptable levels or covenants have been breached, oversee the termination of the contract, work-out management, and the recovery of bad debts/losses where appropriate.
Drive business and process improvement – through new ways of working, process improvements or contribute to systems enhancements and projects.
What we need from you
Given the nature of the portfolio, Spanish language skills are required.
Your experience along with your stakeholder management skills will be critical in the development of appropriate credit strategies in cooperation with Business partner and customer portfolio management and analysis.
When it comes to building and maintaining strong and effective relationships across Finance and the wider business, it's your inter-personal skills that will make all the difference.
You are a thought leader, outspoken, assertive and team player - someone who can bring out the best in others, build communities and encourage sharing of knowledge and best practice.
Relevant Skills and Educational Qualifications:
- Credit experience relating to structured credit, energy and financing/lending transactions
- Confident communicator and presenter with internal and external stakeholders, able to provide challenge and content to all levels of the organisation
- Self-starter, with the ability to quickly pick up new topics and tasks
- Fluent Spanish speaker, conversational and written
- In-depth knowledge of credit analysis, due diligence and transaction approval
- Knowledge of credit management and mitigations tools eg. margining, LCs, PCGs, security, insurance.
- Understanding of the European energy markets.
- Understands hedging strategies & debt management.
- Cash flow forecasting and ability to sense check modelling.
- Debenture, charges and covenant structuring and execution.
- Understands the General Trading Terms (GTMA, NBP, EFET, GT&Cs, ISDA/CSA etc)
- Good industry knowledge (settlement, regulation, cost stack for domestic and SME businesses)
- Demonstrable experience with ratings agency, bank, asset manager or commodity trader.
- Comfortable conducting due diligence and driving comprehensive credit assessments.
- Good understanding of financial statements, ratios, and concepts.
- Strong proficiency in excel, with the ability to sense check models eg.to estimate cashflows and credit exposure.
- Understanding and use of exposure metrics such as PFE and credit VaR, stress testing
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment.
While being able to converse in other core European languages (French, German, Italian) is not required, it will certainly be beneficial in your application.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they feel do not 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
About Shell UK
Shell is an international energy company that aims to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. It is one of the world’s largest independent energy companies, operating in more than 70 countries.
Shell has a global target to become a net zero emissions energy business by 2050. This means that Shell aims to be net zero on all emissions generated by its operations and the energy needed to power them. The company is working with customers, business, and governments to address emissions across different sectors.
In March 2022, Shell UK announced an ambition to invest between £20 to £25 billion in the UK energy system over the next decade, more than 75% of which is intended for low and zero-carbon products and services including offshore wind, hydrogen, and electric mobility. These investments, which are subject to board approval, aim to propel the UK closer to net zero whilst intending to stimulate economic growth and jobs.
Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are one of the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.