MDT Canada Senior Tax Lead
Purpose and Accountabilities:
Responsible for leading a team of finance professionals to ensure;
- On time delivery of accurate tax reports, returns and tax payments through effective and efficient management and operation of the direct tax compliance processes;
- Preparation, calculation, recording, and reporting tax provisions, effective direct tax rates and other management assurances including tax account balances and reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner;
- Standards/systems to comply with the Group Records Management policy are in place and followed;
- Reviewing and monitoring and the entire end to end Manage Direct Tax (MDT) process as well as country specific tax returns and tax accruals /provisions is carried out, to enable management assurance on the statutory compliances for the various entities in the migrated countries;
- Group accounting and reporting changes are effectively incorporated and implemented in the process;
- In general, the delivery of the business/process responsibilities and process metrics are met and roles and responsibilities as per the management matrix framework is followed
- Effectively operate/implement/manage/organize all direct tax controls (including SOX), processes and management controls as well as assurance systems in place, including key process requirements such as Key Assumption Schedules, Tax Manual notes etc that form a part of the process design.
- Support in managing and transition additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities. Effective and smooth running of the MDT operations through appropriate planning and prioritization of work engagements, managing team timelines in consultation with the relevant stakeholders and resourcing on an ongoing basis ·
- Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution is in place and is followed ·
- Proactive engagement in strategizing the MDT process requirements the systems/data and IT solutions and change management and implementation initiatives
Continuous Improvement (CI) responsibilities
- Provide steer in identification, prioritization & implementation of CI project pipeline and aid in achieving the process targets and implementation of projects.
People and stakeholder management and knowledge management
- Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity;
- Provide strong functional leadership to the MDT staff in FO involved in direct tax filing and reporting activities;
- Provide people leadership with ability to nurture and create strong pipeline of successors with succession planning ·
- Proactively networks and share information with Sr Tax Leads of other business which are interrelated and interdependent. ·
- Coordination and connection with other Senior Tax Leads is key to efficient delivery of outcomes in this role
- · Manage and coach team members to create World Class People Finance Operations (FO) MDT organisation; ·
- Proactively engage with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the MDT team and help embed knowledge transfer into the processes as relevant;
- Support continuous professional development and good practices in the FO MDT teams and
- Ensure clear roles and responsibilities are in place and segregation of duties/authorities across team is implemented.
Skills and Requirements:
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting body with >10 years broad professional experience (Tax accounting, reporting and tax filing experience will be preferred).
- CA with >12 years broad professional experience out of which minimum 10 years of experience in tax in multinational companies or professional firms
Candidate should possess good understanding and ability to guide the team on the following:
- Various Control Frameworks and controls in a tax environment
- Working knowledge of various ERP systems viz. Long View, CorpTax with excellent MS Office skills.
- Ability to understand architecture of various IT systems and tools and use same to guide team to lead various efficiency (Automation, CI etc) initiatives will be value add
- Effective influencing skills and communicator of complex tax compliance issues; both written and oral. Ability to coach and impart such skills in the team.
- Direct Taxation - Skill
- International Tax & Policy - Skill Process and Data Management - Knowledge
- Governance and Assurance - Knowledge
- Business Performance Management - Knowledge
- Business Partnering - Knowledge
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.