Manager - IFRS
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
About the team
The BDO Melbourne IFRS Advisory team is a specialised team focused on the provision of technical advice to existing and new BDO clients, providing technical support to partners and professional staff around financial reporting. As the accounting standards continue to change and challenge the industry, our team is expanding and continuing to uncover new opportunities and new ways to assist clients.
As a Senior Consultant or Assistant Manager, you’ll provide a range of advice and value to key stakeholders. This role offers a great variety of work, autonomy, direct Partner interaction and coaching and opportunity for career progression. We’re doing some really exciting work in the ESG and sustainability space and you’ll have opportunities to be involved in financial reporting and ESG advisory engagements that are unique to our team in the BDO network. You’ll have the flexibility to work from a variety of locations and we’re open to full or part time arrangements.
- Perform and assist with technical consultations and general technical questions from within BDO Melbourne as part of an IFRS Help Desk
- Provide IFRS support to our BDO Lead Software-as-a-Service clients. BDO Lead is our very own IFRS 16 technology solution
- Provide outsourced lease accounting services using BDO Lead to our clients
- Work within the IFRS Advisory team to research, discuss and debate the appropriate conclusion for the application of accounting standards to complex transactions
- Assist with the preparation of accounting advice and IFRS implementation and compliance projects for external clients
- Assist with technical reviews of financial statements in accordance with BDO technical consultation and risk management policies
- Attend and participate in regular meetings of BDO national IFRS Advisory team, with the opportunity to present your own views
- Integrate experience already gained in a professional environment to the growing IFRS Advisory team
Ideally you’ll have the following:
- Interest in and basic knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Australian Accounting Standards (AASB)
- Interest in ESG/sustainability reporting
- Interest and experience in analysing accounting issues
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong client and stakeholder focus
- Willingness to learn and the ability to adapt and multi-task
- Ability to problem solve
- CA or CPA qualifications would be well regarded, but not essential
- 3+ years post grad experience in a chartered environment, risk advisory or technology fields
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package (minimum starting salary of $70,000 inclusive of super, commensurate with experience).
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to an inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply or for further information please contact Brett Beauchamp from our Talent Acquisition team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.