Audit Senior Manager Insurance
Audit Senior Manager Insurance (0365)
Financial Services Insurance Senior Manager
Insurance audit is a key component of our financial services practice and a strategic area for growth. Mazars has over a hundred years of experience within the insurance market, both in the UK and internationally. From brokers and intermediaries to life and general insurers and those within the reinsurance and Lloyd's markets, our team has the knowledge and expertise required to provide effective, value-added solutions for our clients.
We are fully committed to serving this sector and have a clear understanding of the intricate dynamics of the insurance industry driven by enhanced regulation, continued pressure on solvency and capital adequacy, and geopolitical and inflationary pressures. This in turn adds increasing pressure on regulated entities to adopt an effective approach to managing financial, operational and regulatory risk. This is where our experience and expertise are greatly valued by our clients.
As a firm with an outstanding financial services practice and with a history built on joint audit, we have also been well positioned to respond to the impact of the European Audit Directive that has affected many overseas insurance groups with operations in Europe. We have taken on the audits in the UK of several well-known international groups such as, AIG,QBE and Travelers as well as other UK based insurers such as LV, mutuals and Lloyd's syndicates.
Our insurance audit team currently has 120 professionals fully dedicated to this strategic market. We are looking to grow our team with the right individuals to ensure we deliver the highest quality service to our clients and enable us to capitalise on a strong pipeline of opportunities. We have a number of exciting opportunities for enthusiastic, experienced and committed senior managers to join our team and support our success.Job Purpose
As an Insurance Audit Senior Manager, you will support the seven insurance audit partners to develop and build the audit team and client offering. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing an exceptional audit service.
By joining our dedicated insurance team, you will get the chance to manage the audits of some of the biggest names in the insurance industry across all sectors of the UK market.Role & Responsibilities
- Assisting and advising the client service management team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
- Technical expert for audit assignments, providing advice to audit team and client.
- Leading an audit team, ensuring the team complete audits in a timely manner within budget.
- Managing large and / or complex audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- People management – coaching, feedback, performance management, training and development, engaging high performing teams.
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency.
- Ensuring standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Drafting technical file notes and any external reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Business development, including working with colleagues in other teams.
- Delivering strong financial management and results.
- Acting as a key point of contact between audit partner, internal specialists and the client.
- Building strong working relationships with clients.
- Showing vision and strategic perspective.
- Assessing and producing high quality work in line with the firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
- ACA / CA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Insurance sector audit experience (and/or other relevant transferrable skills), specifically in one or more of the following sub-sectors life, general insurance, Lloyd's market, mutuals.
- Holds significant experience of leading external audits managing a portfolio of clients, client relationships and leading and developing audit teams.
- Is committed to and takes responsibility for delivering audit quality.
- Up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 and IFRS.
- US GAAP, PCAOB and SOX experience would be beneficial.
- Experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages and data analytics tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Experience of developing new initiatives and methodologies.
- Experience of identifying issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team.
- Develops a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.