Fund Accounting Transformation Manager
We’re excited and proud to expand our footprint into the Boston metro area to support our business growth. Our dynamic leadership team brings strategic vision and hands on collaboration for new joiners, giving them the opportunity to partner directly and build strong long term relationships. The opportunity and exposure in Boston is thriving and we can't wait to connect with you!
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Hybrid: We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Global Fund Services (GFS) is a full-service provider of fund solutions to investment manager and fund company clients around the world. North America GFS Operations provides Fund Accounting and Administration, Custody Servicing, Investment Outsourcing Operations, Transfer Agency, and Investor Servicing. Our expert team of 900 partners across North America are solutions-oriented, innovative, and passionate about servicing clients and helping them execute their business strategies. We commit ourselves to ensuring our partners reach their full potential.
This is a new role primarily charged with taking leadership for the re-design/modernization and implementation of a number of existing fund accounting and fund administration processes
The role will involve extensive stakeholder management and syndication across locations and across business units/ functions as we look to transform our operational processes.
The role reports to the Head of North America Funds Services and provides leadership to the design, implementation and oversight of these numerous transformation initiatives in flight.
Responsible for managing multiple functions within Fund Accounting, providing leadership and guidance to subordinate managers. Overall accountability for the performance management and career development programs for the function. Northern Trust provides fund accounting services as an integrated part of our fund administration services including multi-currency, general ledger, mutual fund, multiple class and multi-manager accounting across multiple jurisdictions.
- Manages the operation process to achieve department target accuracy and timeliness for all NAV, manager/investor reporting, regulatory reporting and other client deliverables
- Supports team and partners in the resolution of non-routine and complex accounting/reporting or process implementation issues
- Consults with clients, prospects and partners on effective ways to meet client needs
- Oversees, plans and directs the activities for the Unit, ensuring that Business objectives are being met
- Develops, implements and communicates an overall strategy to meet both the Business Unit's and Corporation's strategic plan. Directs the activities of those areas toward accomplishing those objectives
- Assumes accountability for financial and staffing resources, including developing and managing capital and expense budgets, liaising cross-function to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Assumes full accountability for the performance and profitability of the area as compared to the plan
- Seasoned leader with extensive business experience, and broad functional expertise, with focus on proactive strategic leadership
- Responsible for managing multiple units or functions through the direct management of a group of managers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Fund Accounting and Financial/Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Knowledge of business strategy development is necessary to provide long term planning and to manage the profitability/performance of a major business segment. Leadership and organizational skills are required to direct the activities for the multiple units.
A College or University degree and/or relevant Fund Accounting and Financial work experience is required.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.