Audit Manager - PIE & Listed
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
About RSM and our Public Interest Entity/Listed Audit offering
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue or continue a career in Audit at RSM.
Audit is our largest service line nationally and we are continuing to increase our market share amongst listed and PIE audits across the UK. This represents a fantastic opportunity, for the right candidate, to work within a specialist team, based across the UK, who are focused primarily on the delivery of the highest quality audit work to PIE and listed clients.
We provide statutory audits to listed PLC’s (PIEs, OEPIs and main list/ AIM groups) across a wide variety of sectors and across a number of locations. To support our growth plans we are currently looking for talented Audit Managers to manage a portfolio of client work and to help drive forward our internal initiatives around people development, audit quality and technical excellence.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness; we remain people focused, and we care about your development. Within Audit, we promote ‘from within’ wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations, and we will support you in your short-term and long-term goals.
You will be a critical member of a growing national team, working directly with like-minded audit Managers and Senior Managers, to deliver quality audits to PIEs, OEPIs and other listed entities. With your strong leadership, project management and technical auditing skills, you will manage audit engagement teams comprising Assistant Managers, Supervisors and Assistants, to ensure audits are completed effectively, to the right level of quality. You will bring your existing experience to bear as well as learning from colleagues as you contribute to the future shape of our PIE/listed audit business. We encourage secondments to our Audit Quality team and Quality Assurance Department as part of the ongoing development of our people.
- To manage a portfolio of audit engagements focused on PIEs, OEPIs and other listed entities, reporting to Directors and Partners
- Ensuring assignments are completed in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirming arrangements with the client and other internal departments, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Ensure assurance quality at all times and compliance with the firm’s procedures
- Brief and oversee staff on assignments, providing on the job training as required, liaising with senior client staff to ensure the assignment is completed as per the agreed terms
- Identify and resolve key audit matters and contentious items, in consultation with the client, Senior Manager/Director/Partner and national technical team as appropriate
- Attend and present at client audit committee and board meetings
- Assist senior managers, directors and partners with business development opportunities including participation in scoping and pitching
- Participate actively in recruitment and line management, and relevant team meetings
Do you enjoy leading teams and helping others to develop and grow? Do you have proven experience managing listed and/or PIE audits? Do you possess excellent project management skills to work to firm reporting deadlines? Do you want to work in a growing team, with a supportive culture, providing audit services to exciting businesses to the very highest standards?
Our culture is our greatest strength, and as an Audit Manager at RSM we will support your development in both the technical and leadership skills required to continue to progress in your career.
- Experience of working as a Manager in a medium/large firm
- Experience of PIE/listed work is essential
- An open mind to hybrid/ flexible working as our team and client needs require
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.