Newly Qualified accountant - Assistant Manager, Media
QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT – SOHO, LONDON
Are you a newly qualified Accountant looking to progress your career in the successful Media Industry focussed team of this accountancy firm based in fantastic offices in Soho, Central London? Then read on!
FLB is a rapidly growing firm of Chartered Accountants who provide accounting, tax, audit, financial outsourcing, and advisory services. We are part of the Entertainment Partners Group, a leading service provider in the media and entertainment industry. With the support of private equity backing, FLB has ambitious plans to develop our teams and grow the business.
As an Assistant Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients, from household names in the media sector, large global financiers in film and TV project financing, as well as opportunities that spread outside of the Media space. FLB can offer you unique career opportunities providing exposure to different areas of accounting, commercial investments, and film financing. We pride ourselves on putting our clients first, driving a great culture for our employees and providing our team with the latest technology to help them deliver a quality service.
THE NEXT STEP ON YOUR CAREER JOURNEY
If you’re an ambitious newly qualified accountant with a great attitude and are ready for a new challenge we’re looking for an Assistant Manager to help us take our rapidly growing Media team to the next level. We will value and listen to your ideas to help the team succeed; we are of a size where you personally can make a difference to the way we do things.
The role of Assistant Manager will be based in our Soho office and will see you work in a team dedicated to servicing our clients based in the Film and Television Industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborative working to provide financial outsourcing to large global film financiers
- Directly responsible for tracking film profitability, tracking collateral and cashflow management of investee companies
- Calculating investor valuations, building investor reports and managing investor distributions
- Delivering all monthly, quarterly and year end deliverables including Net Asset Valuations of Investment Funds, Management Accounts, Statutory accounts and VAT returns
- Liaising with and presenting financial information directly to the client(s) on a regular basis.
- Learning to lead and develop a team, including managing performance, setting goals and ongoing training through mentoring and following our tailored leadership program.
To be successful in this role as Assistant Manager, you must be/have:
- Newly qualified accountant Experience in dealing with and presenting to external clients
- Experience in managing direct reporting lines, and mentoring
- Organised and able to work under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines
- Experience in UK VAT Strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Passion to drive innovation and process improvements
- Excellent attention to detail
Our Soho office and Winnersh office are modern open plan spaces with excellent transport connections. Our Soho office is 10 mins walk from Oxford Street/Piccadilly tube and Winnersh a 5 mins walk from Winnersh Triangle Station, with free parking by the offices. We also have an Epsom office.
FLB offer a competitive starting salary and a range of generous benefits including:
- Flexible working - 3 days office and 2 days working from home post passing your 3 months’ probation period.
- Flexible start time between 8.30 – 9.30am (7.5hr working day)
- 25 days holiday increasing by one day per years’ service up to a maximum of 30 days and ability to purchase/sell up to a further 5 days holiday
- Non-contributory private medical insurance
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance benefit
- Referral programme - £1000 if you refer someone who successfully passes their probation
- Reimbursement of one professional membership subscription related to work
- Discretionary Enhanced Sickness Entitlement after 12 months service
- 2 annual companywide parties and regular social events
If FLB and what we can offer is ticking all your boxes, then please APPLY NOW! We believe this Trainee Manager role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join our brilliant team of professionals, both newly qualified and experienced, together with fresh, young talent within a fun and vibrant environment!