Financial Controller - Turkey
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
Location: Istanbul Turkey (Kerry Gida - PS Plaza)
Reporting to: Regional Country Compliance Director
- Enforcement of Group policies as they relate to Financial reporting, Tax, Treasury, Company Secretarial & Legal.
- Maintenance of local Compliance databases and responsibility for review of country compliance requirements
- Act as a local business partner from financial controllership & compliance perspective.
- To lead and develop the local Turkey Financial Control team.
Financial Control / Reporting
- Prepare and analyse monthly management accounts (P&L and Balance Sheet) and compute statutory adjustments on a monthly basis
- Prepare 5 year rolling statutory forecast for Kerry Turkey
- Prepare the year end reporting files and pack (BPC) as part of the year- end audit process
- Completion and filing of local statutory accounts to ensure that these are prepared in accordance with local requirements, deadlines, standards and templates.
- In conjunction with Group Financial Reporting, assess the value of the Investments and Intangible assets & impairment model
- Review of divisional recharges and global cost centres
- Manage the local Fixed Asset Register and the IFRS16 lease process to ensure compliance with Group Policies and accounting standards.
- Assist with internal audits, submitting the responses to audit queries in a timely manner.
General Country Financial Compliance
- Enforcement of Group policies as they relate to Finance, escalating control issues as appropriate including trade transfer
- To review the vendor master data, ensure timely payments and share the analytics on AP
- To review and maintain master data for new customers.
- Oversee credit management through assessment of new customers, ageing analysis and reminders to customers to collect debt.
Risk & Internal Control
- Act as a ‘Site Risk Coordinator’ for certain finance processes
- Complete the internal control self-assessment for areas of responsibility
- Validations on finance processes annually and issue related reports
- Support the Group COSEC team with activities relating to Turkish Corporate Governance
- Willingness to act as a legal entity director for the local entity
- Ensure completion of all documentation needed to comply with local legal and regulatory requirements, shareholders resolutions, minutes of official meetings, powers of attorney etc.
- Assist in the due diligence process for acquisitions as they relate to Turkey from time to time
- Assist in the finance integration activities relating to any acquisitions
Assist Regional Tax teams with:
- Analysis for compilation of the Corporation Tax and Deferred Tax calculations at year end
- Review and validation of finished product VAT master data
- Queries for external tax audits
- Withholding Tax obligations
- Information for Divisional Recharge calculations
- Complete transfer pricing questionnaire annually
- Support any customs & excise duty compliance with Supply Chain
- Liaise with the Group Data Protection Officer for any local country considerations
- Support internal departments to ensure IP is registered and protected as appropriate
- Escalation of any local legal matters to Group Legal on a timely basis
- Ensure all banks transactions are posted on a timely basis reconciled monthly & reported.
- Bank mandates to be reviewed quarterly and any required corrections notified to Group Treasury
- Quarterly preparation of cash flow forecast & ensure timely infusion of funding into the entity
- Work closely with Group Treasury for review of Fx position
- Complete the Group insurance questionnaire annually
- Inform Group about any possible new coverage required or material changes in coverages.
- Manage all local insurance claims in conjunction with Group.
- Review monthly payroll GL entries and the bank transfer file to employees.
- Review payroll from a tax compliance perspective & advise Group Tax of any potential exposures or control weaknesses.
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified Accountant, 3-5 years post qualification experience
- Strong Turkish GAAP, IFRS and Accounting Background
- Proficient in Excel, having worked in an ERP environment
- SAP & BPC experience desirable.
- Strong Analytical Skills with a ‘control’ mindset
- Strong Communication and Knowledge Sharing Skills
- Fluent in English and Turkish
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance practices & exposure to Company secretarial and legal compliance
- Ability to work and support cross functionally
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines with conflicting priorities
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.