Senior Risk Analyst
- Brown Brothers Harriman
- Attractive salary with rich benefit and bonus package
- 31 Mar 2023
- 30 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application!
Join us as a Senior Risk Analyst
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Investor Services Senior Risk Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactive identification, assessment, monitoring, measurement, and mitigation of operational risks. As a risk management subject matter expert, the Senior Risk Analyst will also provide analysis and support the Product Divisions in understanding their risk profile. This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of business functions, including other control functions such as Internal Audit, General Counsel and Compliance, and make an impact within a critical and highly visible firm.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Ensure new business and day to day operations are in line with the firm’s stated risk appetite.
- Support product division leaders in their proactive identification, measurement, management and monitoring of risk within the InServ line of business. Develop weekly management reporting for incidents tracking.
- Promote a culture of risk awareness, transparency and escalation across the LOB.
- Participate in various forums designed to assess new products and services to ensure all identified risks have been appropriately defined, proper mitigating controls have been implemented and all residual risks have been acknowledged and accepted by the business prior to launch.
- Identify, assess and escalate trends, control weaknesses and support the development of sustainable solutions for the management of risk in the business.
- Actively seek to Perform targeted risk/control reviews of Operational processes/workflows. Present findings and recommendations. Monitor/Track corrective action plans, analyze trends and assess root causes re: audit/regulatory findings, risk and control self-assessment gaps and risk events.
- Leverage existing risk management tools, such as the Firmwide Risk Event Database (FRED) and Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) database to assist in analysis of risk matters/incidents.
- Support the InServ Risk Leadership team with implementation of the risk and control framework within Investor Services (including governance, procedures, and risk-control infrastructure) for InServ’s strategy that aligns with the Firm’s risk management policies and meets regulatory expectations.
- Develop and support training initiatives for InServ staff to promote risk awareness, risk culture and understanding of fundamental control principles.
- Provide support and insights on industry best practice to initiatives impacting the Investor Services Line of Business.
What we offer:
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Professional trainings and qualification support
- Thrive Wellbeing Program
- Online benefit platform
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
- An analytical and enquiring mind
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the funds industry
- Experience working in the financial services industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Polish and English language including presentations
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and negotiation skills
- Motivated with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Understanding of operational procedures and controls related to fund services practices
- Strong analytical skills pertaining to risk identification
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to articulate risk management policies and methodologies
- Knowledge of BBH products, services and practices, preferred
- Experience in the field of Transfer Agency and or Accounting/ Alternative Fund Serving Fund is an advantage
- Experience in Operations/ Internal Audit / Compliance / Risk Management
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will a find collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.