Senior Manager - R2R | Finance Shared Service Center | Corporate Services
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Dubai, AE
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 31 Mar 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
The job holder will constantly interact with Business Finance and GMs and Group Finance leadership. The position also interface with other FSSC Towers / functions in ensuring quality monthly financials. The jobholder understands the front-end process and interface with financial and information databases to ensure accuracy.
As a Manager of FSSC (Finance Shared Services Centre) R2R (Record to Report) team, you will be responsible for:
- Compliance of Accounting Standards, Reporting Standards and Group policies.
- Streamline R2R activities, standardize and automate processes to improve efficiency levels.
- Sustain an effective/efficient R2R framework encompassing Close, Certify & Compliance activities
- Contribute towards a robust R2R tower focusing on achieving maximum customer satisfaction within agreed SLA’s.
- Support overseas integration of Group Entities.
- Ensure financial records are accurate and support external audit.
- Regular Trial Balance review and Balance Sheet substantiation.
- Partner with Business Finance and provide actionable insights
- Support in preparation of Financial Statements
What you will do
Compliance of Accounting Standards, Reporting Standards & Group Policies:
- Maintain / follow a constant review process to ensure compliance with relevant accounting and reporting standards as well as Group policies.
R2R Core activities:
- Review Segregate & Streamline the R2R activities performed by associates into Transactional / Reporting, Pre-close, On-close & Post Close.
- Standardize and automate the processes to improve efficiency levels maintaining timelines and accuracy.
Monthly / Annual Closing and GL Reviews:
- To lead closing of books on a monthly basis with other FSSC teams and ensure recognition of robust financials within the group timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement in monthly closing activities to ensure quality financials for business units.
- Improve and optimise month-end processes.
- Prepare highlights for discussions with the controlling team
- Drive timely review of financial statement preparation and delivery.
Balance Sheet substantiation / Trial Balance Reviews:
- Carry out detailed review of key accounts in Trial Balance and ensure substantiation of balances appearing against it.
Drive R2R Initiatives of continuous improvement:
- Constantly explore opportunities to add value to the organization with types of outcome - quantitative & qualitative.
- Examine existing controls and devise methods to enhance controls wherever possible
Finance Function / Overseas support / overseas Integration:
- Provide support for overseas entities by reviewing the current processes and sharing best practices and processes in improving the standards.
- Drive / Facilitate / Support the transition of overseas entities R2R processes into FSSC.
- To Supervise / coordinate external Audit of the Group entities by providing relevant explanations and schedules to Auditors and ensure smooth completion.
- Coordinate with other teams in FSSC and ensure that auditor’s requirements are being provided in a timely and accurate manner.
Required skills to be successful
- Analytical, process oriented, good communication and presentation skills, exposure to ERP. (Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC
- Should be able to plan and prioritize tasks, persuasive skills, Kaizen attitude, Self-motivated; and a strong team player.
About the team
The role will report to the Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) Record to Report (R2R) Tower Head and will manage a team of account managers and accountants.
What equips you for the role
- Chartered Accountant (or similar qualification)
- 4/5 years’ experience in a similar position
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.