Vice President Financial Reporting
Purpose of Role
- Lead the operational delivery for Financial & Regulatory Reporting in Ireland, deliver a comprehensive and best in class service to Clients, Auditors & Client Boards.
- Lead the Financial Reporting team working closely senior staff within the financial reporting and related functions to manage, lead and develop Financial Reporting delivery.
- Lead and provide technical financial reporting insight and opinion, advice to the team, clients, audit firms and other parties as required.
- Lead the ongoing enhancement of State Street’s overall Financial Reporting service offering locally, working closely with regional and global Financial Reporting teams to deliver a product and service that is always best in class.
- Ensure effective day to day BAU service delivery across all clients and timely escalation and remediation of any issues as they arise.
- Lead, develop & maintain strong external relationships with Clients, Auditors, industry associations and internal relationships.
- Review, develop and enhance the existing Financial Reporting service operating model for delivery of Financial Reporting related services in line with strategic direction of Global Delivery working closely with State Street business functions in EMEA and global teams.
- Lead the management and effective governance of any Financial Reporting functions that have been outsourced or delegated to other State Street locations.
- Have a strong ability to network at all levels externally across the industry for the ongoing development and profile of financial reporting.
- Continuously steer change in the department, encourage new ways of making department more efficient through use of automation and process review and change.
- Be a team player, have an ability to collaborate with colleagues to generate new ideas in a structured format that motivates and empowers self and colleagues to continuously question the norm to be best in class.
- Ensure sound that procedures, policies, controls and processes are adhered to so that a best in class service is delivered. Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Ensure all internal policies are complied with by the Financial Reporting teams in Ireland and demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behavior. Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Represent State Street Ireland financial reporting at industry and global levels as appropriate.
Skills & Requirements
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with a business or related degree and having 10 years+ experience in a similar financial reporting or audit environment preferable within the funds industry with a strong financial reporting bias.
- Excellent people-management, operations management, communication and organisational skills with a proven track record in a leadership role.
- Possess a strong technical knowledge and ability to research and interpret changes to Accounting Standards under relevant frameworks (eg. FRS 102, IFRS, UK SORP, US GAAP) and any associated regulation as these impact financial statement presentation and disclosure.
- Self-motivated and determined to achieve (drive, determination, execution).
- Candidates will ideally have experience of managing a team and demonstrate leadership skills and have an ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- The candidate must be able to take ownership of initiatives or projects and be able to influence others in working groups.
- Experience in working in an environment with a strong focus on risk excellence.
- Advanced PC literacy including: PowerPoint, MS Office, Outlook, excel.
- Take ownership of outcomes and be personally accountable for the end result.
- Ability to work through obstacles and difficult situations in a controlled and confident manner.
- Possess a strong empathy and emotional intelligence, experience in managing a large number teams / people is essential.
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable with managing challenging situations as they arise.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems.