Assistant Vice President (Project Role on Enterprise Reconciliations)-1
Who we are looking for
Candidate required for Transformation Initiatives linked to Global Delivery Simplification (GDS) program. The 2022-25 GDS Reconciliation program is focused on re-energizing the Global Delivery reconciliation service, financing a wide variety of initiatives focused on automating and optimizing each stage of end-to-end reconciliation lifecycle. The program supports automations across centralized reconciliation units covering AIS, Back, Middle Office and SSGA departments.
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate to fill the role of Project Lead/Product Owner for one of our Reconciliation projects. The successful candidate will be required to engage and interact with our ERCoE Recon and IT support teams on increasing the automation of our current Recon Environment.
The primary focus will be providing support and governance to the Smartstream TLP reconciliation platform conversion project which spans across a number of sub-projects.
We are looking for an experienced professional who has the ability to execute and deliver results. An important component of the work we do is collaborating with others to drive progress. Candidate must have ability to speak up and demonstrate professional challenge and debate to drive toward the best outcome for the firm.
Why this role is important to us
The Enterprise Reconciliation team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role, you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and roll-out best in class reconciliation solutions.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Role will report into the GDS Reconciliation overall product owner who will provide guidance and escalation support.
- Collaborate with Tech leads, business analysts and business users to gather requirements and ensure TLP conversion cycle is as efficient as possible
- For any Tech developments, work with business analysts and developer team to refine requirements and generate Acceptance Criteria for stories
- Plan out with various teams to plan and perform UAT and BUAT testing (respectively)
- Build out strong governance structure for the TLP conversion lifecycle with clear transparent reporting and escalation.
- Collaborate with business teams and developers to plan and execute PROD installations and or conversions (Likely Friday Night – Saturday Morning verifications)
- Communicate progress and timelines to senior management as needed
- Conduct meaningful data analysis to inform leadership on trends on root causes and strategic remediation plan
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong technical and reconciliation skills including accounting principles and theories
- Committed sense of urgency, accountability and teamwork
- Knowledge of or work experience on reconciliations is necessary to understand the process in scope for conversion to TLP platform
- Technical skills associated with TLP or other vendor based reconciliation platforms
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Ability to Navigate SSB architecture and structure related to IT deployment projects
- Proven ability to drive and deliver efficiencies through re-engineering and process improvements ensuring optimal productivity
- Ability to initiate and drive change
- Project and program management with a demonstrated track record of project delivery, AGILE experience would be very beneficial
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or economics related fields.
- 5 years’ experience in systems migrations related projects
N/AAbout State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.