- PwC Middle East
- Not disclosed
- 31 Mar 2023
- 30 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Bookkeeper
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
An Accounting Associate will be responsible for maintaining financial records, running reports, and recording a wide range of transactions.
Their duties include providing administrative assistance to accountants as well as preparing statements that confirm the accuracy of database information.
We are looking for a skilled Accounting Associate to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, contract analysis and financial tasks.
Working with different programs and softwares to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts and ensuring that the firm’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Working with the Contingent workforce (CWF) team and support in providing accounting and administrative needs.
Should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to firm and CWF personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable employee
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
Requirements and skills
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized, flexible to extend and assurance of delivery on time
- Results-driven and patient
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
- Adherence to laws and best practices in regards to dealing with customers and data
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Proficiency in English
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or BA
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.