Senior Accountant - Tax | Finance Shared Service Center | Corporate Services
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Cairo, EG
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 31 Mar 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Tax
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced finance professional to join our Finance Shared Service Center in the capacity of Senior Accountant - Tax.
Overview of the role
Ensure that all regular tax files are submitted on time with accurate figures and payment are executed for the AFG companies under FSSC Egypt scope.
What you will do
- Build different tax provisions on monthly basis as appropriate.
- Regularly review and assess tax provisions and adjust accordingly
- Review and calculate Property Tax for the Real Estate entities
- Arrange with Business Finance to prepare the inspections’ requirement
- Update Group Tax for any major changes in the local regulations.
- Review and prepare monthly VAT forms
- Review and prepare monthly Salary Tax forms
- Review and prepare monthly Social Insurance forms
- Review and prepare quarterly Withholding Tax forms
- Review and ensure that all invoices are valid the WHT % deduction is correct
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors on their requirement
- Prepare the required analysis as per the different tax inspection
- Review the statutory financial statements and ensure complying with tax requirement.
- Manage the E-Invoicing portals
Required skills to be successful
- Excellent skills in MS Excel
- Attention to details and has good accuracy for the tasks handled, in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- SAP Knowledge - FICO module (payments)
- Process oriented, professional scepticism, good communication skills, exposure to different ERPs
What equips you for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/accounting or equivalent, professional qualification in finance or equivalent.
- At least 4-6 years relevant experience within a large organization at execution level
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.