Accountant, Cross Border Individual Tax
- Surrey, BC V3Z6X2, CAN
- Customized rewards programs that focus on flexibility and work-life integration
- 31 Mar 2023
- 30 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact on our Cross Border Individual Tax team as an Accountant. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide tax advice on domestic and foreign assignments that empowers client organizations and their employees to maintain regulatory compliance and mitigate risk.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist in the completion of U.S. and combined U.S.-Canadian individual income tax return preparation for U.S. citizens living in Canada, U.S. residents working in Canada and Canadians working and investing in the U.S.
- Assist in carrying out cross-border income tax and estate planning
- Participate in expatriate policy design and implementation and in expatriate compensation design and implementation
- Evaluate existing business processes and policies and advise on Canadian and U.S. individual income tax policy and tax changes
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address client tax compliance issues
- Assist with the preparation of correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts and highlights
- Collaborate with client engagement team and build relationships with client contacts
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)
- 1 to 2 years of relevant public accounting or tax services experience
- Working knowledge of Canadian and U.S. individual and income tax
- Experience working with accounting and tax software
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.