Technology Audit Assistant Manager
- Bristol/ Glasgow/ Leeds, UK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 30 Mar 2023
- 30 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
St Philips Point, Birmingham / Bristol/ Glasgow/ Leeds/Leicester/ Farringdon Street, London / Manchester/ Milton Keynes/ Newcastle/ Nottingham/ Reading
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Are you ambitious? Do you want to feel heard and recognised? Do you want to work closely with your clients, building lasting relationships which allow you to make a real contribution? Do you enjoy variety, and to be challenged? Do you want to see your efforts rewarded and to be continually developed? Our culture is our greatest strength, and as an IT Audit Assistant Manager at RSM we will support your development in both the technical and leadership skills required to continue to progress in your career.
About the Job
In this role, you will provide a mixture of remote and on-site management of each assignment in an efficient and effective manner and ensure that our clients receive a quality service in all aspects. There are many exciting opportunities for anyone looking to join our team including:
- Extensive internal training program directed by a specialist team, including relevant training for key service lines, industries and responsibilities, providing significant CPD opportunities
- Structured training program with manager potential, with a series of developmental courses, setting out a clear path to transition to Manager
- Regular provision and discussion of feedback to assist in progression to a manager role where appropriate
- Opportunity to pursue IT Audit and IT Risk qualifications, such as CISA and CRISC
Internal and international secondment opportunities, after a minimum service time and subject to performance
- Internal office and regional team events
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership of delivering IT external audit engagements in line with auditing standards
- Assisting the Audit team in understanding the IT risks and potential impacts on financial statements audits
- Designing audit procedures to mitigate IT controls deficiencies
Identify new and emerging risk areas, such as cyber attacks and the impact on financial statements and associated audit risks
- Developing and delivering training on IT controls and IT risks to both new recruits and the wider audit department
- Recruitment – working with senior management to build the IT audit team, including interviewing of candidates
- Helping to ensure that RSM’s methodology and guidance remains up to date and in line with the auditing standards
- Contributing to the development of innovative solutions to deliver IT audit more work efficiently and effectively
- Communicating IT risk topics, best practices, common pitfalls etc to the audit departments
- Working with RSM Partners and the business development team on proposals for new audit clients. This will involve drafting proposals and presenting to potential clients.
- Keeping up to date with new technology and IT risks, and sharing such knowledge with clients and RSM teams
- Keeping up to date with relevant laws and regulations such as GDPR and anti-money laundering and considering in the context of potential IT risks
- Candidates must be working towards an IT related qualification, such as CISA
- Previous experience of carrying out IT audit and assurance engagements
- Highly knowledgeable of IT general controls and IT risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of communicating IT risks to individuals without an IT background
- Proven experience in client handling
- Proven experience in delivering high quality Audits
- Effective time management
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.