Staff Accountant, Fund Services
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
ABOUT TMF GROUP
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for day–to-day accounting operations for varying industries, including the preparation of financial reports for Alternative Investment Vehicles (primarily Venture Capital, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Real Estate.)
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily recording of cash activity
- Cash management – completion/review of transfer of funds and wire initiation workbooks
- Review intercompany activity
- Review accounts payable invoices and transactions for client approval
- Review monthly bank reconciliations
- Review invoices for capital calls
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly/quarterly general ledger close
- Prepare financial statements
- Provide necessary information to auditor for completion of annual audit
- Prepare capital call calculations and capital call letters
- Prepare distribution calculations and distribution letters
- Prepare management fee calculations
- Respond to limited partner inquiries, including confirmations
- Provide exceptional client service experience, including timely responses to client requests
- Prepare external client communications
- Continuous mastery of job duties and responsibilities and exhibit qualities to be promoted to Senior Accountant
- Support for team members as needed
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Excellent at creative problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills along with sharp attention to detail, as well as strong time and work management skills.
- Resourceful and motivated to find outside-the-box solutions to everyday client issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and high level of focus on quality, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- The commitment to independently complete tasks to reach the clients’ goals, which at times may require hours above the standard work week.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance or related business discipline
Applications close: 28 Apr 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.