Senior Analyst - Corporate & Commercial Credit Risk Modelling
- Bank of Ireland
- Dublin / Hybrid
- 30 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Credit control, Financial analyst
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join the modelling team in an exciting and fast paced environment!
You will be responsible for the reporting of Corporate & Commercial model performance MI, periodic developments of new models and maintenance of existing models for use in operational decision-making, IRB regulatory capital calculation and IFRS9 impairment provision.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain IFRS9 model refresh activities.
- Produce Model Performance Monitoring for IRB and IFRS9 models.
- Support model validations and audits, periodic recalibration exercises, developments of new models and maintenance of existing models.
- Focus on data management and process improvement.
- Support development and training for junior members on the team.
What will make you stand out?
We are looking for someone with strong analytical and problem solving skills with previous work or academic experience of quantitative modelling.
Understanding of key credit risk modelling concepts ans experience of SAS or similar packages is a must.
Experience with any of the following will help you to stand out but is not necessary in order to apply for this role;
- Credit risk modelling experience in a financial institution, including IRB, IFRS9, loss forecasting, stress testing, economic capital modelling etc.
- Understanding of European regulatory IRB guidelines and standards and IFRS 9 accounting standards.
A bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline.
More about the team
This role is on the Corporate & Commercial Credit Risk Modelling team, within Decision Science. Decision Science is part of the Credit Risk family and is the analytical centre of excellence for the Division. We are passionate about developing and maintaining the Group's credit risk models for decision-making, IRB/regulatory capital calculation, IFRS9 impairment calculation and other purposes and building automated decision-making models to support enhanced customer experience and increased process efficiency.
This is a hybrid role and can be done anywhere in the UK or RoI with the primary office location as Bristol or Dublin. Travel will be required for in-person collaboration.
Why work with us?
The Bank of Ireland company culture prioritises work-life balance with an opportunity for flexible working, along with 23 days annual leave and excellent pension contributions. Family can mean different things to different people; we offer 6 months paid maternity leave, an innovative fertility and surrogacy policy and working parent supports.
Your wellbeing is important to us; we have an employee assistance program, WebDoctor and financial wellbeing coaches available. We also encourage and support staff to pursue educational and professional qualifications to grow and enhance your career!
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Apr 12, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.