Semi Senior Accountant
- Crunch Accounting
- United Kingdom (GB)
- £26,848 to £34,310 + ACCA study support + benefits
- 29 Mar 2023
- 29 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Assistant accountant
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified, Newly qualified
Crunch is a multi-award winning Software as a Service (SaaS) company born in the heart of Brighton with 130 brilliant team members, over 17,500 clients and 50,000 Crunch Chorus members. Together, we single-handedly pioneered a complete online accounting solution to empower self-employed contractors, freelancers and micro-businesses in the UK, helping them to grow their business and create the lives they want as part of a powerful community.
Now we no longer have a large office base as we embrace remote-first ways of working, the role offers you the opportunity to work remotely all the time if you're UK based, or a mixture of office and remote working if you would prefer this as we have some temporary office space in the Brighton & Hove area.
About the role:
We’re looking for applicants with demonstrable hands-on experience in a volume accountancy environment, who love advising clients and resolving their queries.
Consistently deliver all Crunch accountancy services ensuring that accounts and tax returns are completed according to statutory principles, professional guidelines and quality standards.
Ensure that all key service and performance standards are met and that clients are completely satisfied with the quality of advice and service delivered.
The role will encompass professional studies for applicants keen to commence or continue with an ACCA qualification, and will work under the support and supervision of Senior Accountants and the Accountancy Management team. This role will support delivery of agreed operational targets and includes the coaching of other team members.
- This role is open to applicants based from anywhere in the United Kingdom only.
- Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer sponsorship to overseas candidates.
- You need to be able to work from home in a comfortable, private and distraction free environment.
- The usual working hours are Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
- We need you to have a solid internet connection (a minimum of 10-12 Mbps upload speed).
- We'll provide you with all the IT equipment you need to get set up before you start with us - so there's no need to supply your own.
- Help to drive the performance of Accountancy teams towards achievement of agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Proactively manage your own tasks, client queries and team phone calls as part of your own workload management.
- Effectively collaborate with other Accountants across teams to ensure knowledge is shared, and that high quality advice and service is delivered consistently to Crunch clients at all times.
- Review work produced by less experienced team members to ensure technical accuracy and provide coaching and support where necessary - notably but not restricted to accounts produced, personal tax returns and accountancy references, and provide feedback to the Crunch Accounting Network and its outsourcing partners.
- Build strong working relationships with other Crunch service departments, in particular Client Services where teams work closely together as paired teams.
- Actively promote and manage the additional services delivered by Accountants to support achievement of Crunch’s key revenue growth targets (for example, accountancy reviews, upselling packages, Client referrals, financial services).
- Complete Accountancy Health Checks for clients, understand the nature of their businesses and provide the advice they need to operate tax efficiently as they grow.
- Proactively assist in resolving any complaints through to a satisfactory conclusion within the required service level.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes to tax laws, rules and regulations through attendance at industry courses, workshops - develop knowledge and skills and maintain Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Practical Experience Requirements (PER’s) and complete annual Crunch Essentials Training.
- Identify and offer suggestions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Crunch service proposition, including the development of specialist services to meet specific client needs.
- Maintain your understanding of the Crunch software, and update this knowledge as new features become available. Engage in system testing new features as required.
Role specific qualifications and experience:
- May be already qualified AAT Level 4 and/or working towards a professional accountancy or tax qualification (post AAT) such as ACCA or CTA.
- Consistent track record of working successfully towards professional qualifications.
- Previous practical experience of working in a team of accountants.
- Previous experience of working in a volume accounts environment.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service and upselling to meet customer needs.
- ICT literate, able to quickly develop expertise on Crunch systems and able to apply/disseminate knowledge effectively.
- Previous line management, coaching or mentoring experience (full training and support will be given in role).
- Experience of using cloud accounting software and working in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment.
What you’ll get in return:
We’re very proud of our collaborative and inclusive working environment - you’ll be working as part of a fun and vibrant team, with a whole host of fantastic company benefits!
- A competitive basic salary depending on experience with a starting salary of £26,848.
- Fully supported ACCA study package (online study with BPP, books/materials, exam fees, study and exam leave.
- ACCA registration and annual subscription fees are also funded.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) - plus an extra half day holiday on your birthday.
- Long service awards plus extra holidays for 5 and 10 years’ service
- Workplace pension scheme with Scottish Widows after qualifying service period.
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa after qualifying service period.
- Life assurance (4 x salary) with Met Life after qualifying service period.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with Health Assured.
- Enhanced pay for parental & family leave.
- Store discounts with Crunch Perks.
- Company funded social events.
If an applicant discloses any disability or learning difficulty, we will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview(s), which are usually carried out remotely on video calls. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty and would like to discuss additional support available, please let us know.
Crunch is committed to equal opportunities in every aspect of our company and the community, embracing and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our team members, those who apply to work for us and our client base, without exception.
We believe that the key to our success is our people, we value the contributions and experiences of all who make up our community. Supported by our company policies and procedures, we will take every possible step to ensure that no person will suffer direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, age, neurodiversity or disability status.
No recruitment companies or agencies please and we don’t accept unsolicited CVs.
Please note that we no longer fund AAT professional studies for those students in progress with AAT qualifications.