Junior Systems Business Analyst
- Brown Brothers Harriman
- Attractive salary with rich benefit and bonus package
- 29 Mar 2023
- 29 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Business analyst
- Contract type
- Full time
At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application!
Join us as a Junior Systems Business Analyst.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Junior Systems Business Analyst to join our Data Program Management. In this role you will work as part of a dynamic and growing team (developers, testers, product owners, scrum masters, managers, UX specialist) responsible for delivering IT project services for major new technical product initiatives. The individual will take part in the identification and definition of the change (requirements), design, development, testing and deployment of solutions as well as runs communication to both business and technical audiences. Business Analyst participates in all phases of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) from project scoping, planning and requirements definition to issues resolution, testing, training and implementation.
The BBH Data Platforms Systems team is responsible for creating next generation platform tools providing our internal and external clients with commercial data services. The platform consists of both traditional Data Warehouse and new HDFS oriented data storage. It will incorporate new technologies and techniques in the areas of data ingestion, data transformation, data aggregation, and data access.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Facilitating communication between business users and technical teams
- Gathering requirements of proposed changes or issues to be fixed and helping set scope definition
- Conducting analysis of applications and systems
- Writing JIRA Stories and Acceptance criteria
- Writing and/or reviewing technical specification documentation which may include data modelling, dataflow diagramming, screen design, workflow analysis etc.
- Involvement in design and development process as well as in system and UAT testing
- Release communication (providing demonstrations to the users, writing release documentation, taking part in release meetings)
- Involvement in deployments and checkout of the solution
- Working with project managers, developers, testers and other specialists across multiple teams and locations to make sure that projects meet business needs
What we offer:
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Professional trainings and qualification support
- Thrive Wellbeing Program
- Online benefit platform
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
- Undergraduate Degree (Accounting, Banking, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1+ years of analysis experience in software development projects
- Positive, can-do attitude, open to change.
- Experience in one or more software methodologies such as Waterfall or Agile
- Highly organized and able to manage priorities and multiple work streams
- Knowledge of JIRA, MS Office Tools
- Wireframe and prototyping experience a plus
- Technical knowledge (e.g. database design / SQL, programming skills, application architecture) a plus
- Knowledge of data warehouse, data domains and data a plus
- Agile development and direct client interaction a plus
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will a find collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.