External Audit Manager / Senior Manager, Financial Services, Assurance
- Singapore, SG
- Competitive remuneration package
- 29 Mar 2023
- 29 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services to our clients.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This, is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavour to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.
We are seeking a driven and ambitious Manager to join this exciting and fast-growing area of our business. You will play a key role in driving growth by developing new and enhancing existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience through high profile engagements. In return for helping us to build a better working world, you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage assurance engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the senior manager/partner and execute it in compliance with EY's policies and protocols. When required, you'll personally execute complex audit procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement.
- Manage projects and engagements profitably by leading the team to perform efficiently.
- Monitor the assurance team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed
- Understand the audit client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the audit client.
- Develop and maintain long-term productive client relationships and networks.
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Generate new audit business opportunities by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
- Coach and develop people by sharing knowledge with team members and helping team members attain experiences that cultivate technical competencies.
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the assurance team.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/on-the-job training
- Maintain cooperative relationships with other assurance teams
Skills and attributes for success
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team and develop business opportunities
- Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to manage multiple engagements and deadline-driven
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Obtained CPA Singapore qualification or other professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, ICAI, CPA Australia, CA ANZ, CICA, AICPA, CIMA
- At least 5 years of related work experience in audit field for insurance, banking or asset management industries.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Knowledge of current market issues in financial services in Singapore.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.