Senior Expense Specialist, Associate 2
- State Street
- Krakow, Poland
- Not disclosed
- 29 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate to join EMEA Expense Reporting Team, preferably with general knowledge of Expense and/or Fund Accounting background.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Expense Specialist, Associate 2 you will:
- Prepare and review the reporting e.g. TER, KPI, Board packs, Activity Sheets, payment requests, expense calculations and review.
- Provide timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Update various logs, spreadsheets and control checklists on a regular basis.
- Participate in transitions, implementation of new tools, special projects.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and contacts in the Donor Sites
- Provide training to less experienced employees in the course of day-to-day work, provide guidance and adequate source of help for queries.
- Continually evaluate current processes to strive for increased efficiency.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong knowledge of Fund Accounting, particularly in relation to Expenses
- Attention to details
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in working outside of own responsibilities to assist the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Numeracy/literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing. Good technical skills in using MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Ability to fast-learning
- Have good understanding of process conducted in our department and team to understand the priorities and challenges
- Comfortable leading and motivating other
- Very good English required – B2.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is crucial
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- Fund accounting and/or financial sector related experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the investment funds’ relations and dependencies
- Interesting process
- Hybrid working model- split between working from home and working from the office.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- Gold medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor,
- Diversity of opportunities across a range challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.