Senior - Financial Services - FAAS
- Grant Thornton Ireland
- 29 Mar 2023
- 11 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Digital, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) – Financial Services
FAAS is a specialist accounting team who service complex large scale and multinational companies, providing solutions to financial and operational challenges in global organisations. Our experienced and multinational financial services team operates across 3 key service lines as per the below;
Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions
Centralised approach to the following services:
- Statutory accounts production
- Conversion from group to local
- Supporting audit process
- Regulatory reporting support
Strategic Resourcing- Accounting and Finance
- Interim/Surge resourcing
- Remediation and review
- Transition management
- Project Management Offering
Business Process Outsourcing
- Full or partial process outsourcing for accounting, reporting and finance functions
- Process optimisation
- Reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Access to consulting advice for outsourcing solutions and implementation
Our clients across the Asset Management, Insurance and Banking Sectors with the following characteristics:
- Technically demanding;
- Driving efficiency and change;
- Want a single point of contact ;
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of financial services operating environments.
The candidate should have a strong background in the financial services industry and understand the challenges and trends, which affect this sector. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with FAAS teams and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our client base.
- Working with clients to optimize finance and operational functions, this may include projects relating to
- the financial reporting process, review and remediation of business processes and short term interim staffing assignments working within a team environment to ensure deadlines are met;
- accounting for trading and/or investment entities including private equity / debt structures
- month end / quarter end reporting
- regulatory reporting support
- Working with clients to prepare and review financial statements under IFRS and Lux and US GAAP;
- Building strong relationships with client representatives;
- Liaising with auditors;
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally.
Skills and attributes
- Experience and knowledge in financial services industry either directly or through practice;
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification;
- Minimum 1 years’ PQE; or 3 years while part qualified
- Proficient accountant, with strong knowledge of IFRS & US GAAP and some knowledge of Irish GAAP and Luxembourg GAAP;
- Strong understanding of accounting and regulatory requirements related to funds, banking or insurance industry;
- Strong computer skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft office;
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills;
- ERP system experience such as Oracle, Geneva, Investran, Sun, SAP, Workday – desirable;
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of industry developments
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others.
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.