- BROMLEY, UK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 29 Mar 2023
- 29 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Overall job purpose
The role is client-focused; you would provide timely and accurate delivery of tax services on behalf of a portfolio of personal clients, focusing on GP partnerships and their partners. You will be expected to build and maintain effective relationships with clients with the intention of making you a valued resource for their tax compliance affairs.
You would also assist with the supervision of Tax Trainees, reviewing work and providing training where required, as well as supporting Managers, Directors and Partners in the team to deliver a range of tax advisory projects.
The suitable candidate will be expected to produce work in an efficient and effective manner and making a contribution towards the success of the team, with potential for progression depending on performance.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, ensuring the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To liaise confidently with clients and third parties over email, telephone, letter and in meetings, with the ability to explain complex tax matters.
- To ensure that each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out complex aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures and quality standards.
- Ensure tax quality at all times.
- To provide a full and personal tax compliance and advisory service as required by the circumstances of each client.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff including review of their personal tax return preparation work for accuracy and completeness.To provide feedback to junior staff on a regular basis and as part of the appraisal process.
- Preparation of a variety of private client tax advice with support provided by senior members of the private client team.
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications as well as an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- There may be the occasional need to work with the firm’s international network in relation clients’ non-UK tax matters, and ensure that UK and international advice is co-ordinated.
- To attend business development activities as required and grow your own network, both internally and externally.
- To research and assist senior members of the team with proposals for new work.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Director/Partner
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- CTA/ATII qualified or equivalent would be preferred.
- High competency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Previous work experience of a minimum of 3-4 years gained in a private client/personal tax environment, preferably in practice.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a portfolio.
- Well-presented and articulate, with experience of a high level of interaction with clients and a high standard of client service.
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.