- Alter Domus
- London, UK
- Customised compensation structure
- 29 Mar 2023
- 29 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Tax, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
- Assisting clients in incorporation and administration of asset holding vehicle, financing entities, and real estate companies;
- Handling the day-to-day operations of companies and responding to clients’ requests;
- Assisting with VAT returns;
- Assisting with client on-boarding including obtaining AML/KYC information;
- Conducting effective cash management of client entities and undertaking regular cash reconciliations and processing payments;
- Performing bookkeeping and preparing periodic reports;
- Assisting with the preparation of client entities management accounts and financial statements under UK GAAP or IFRS;
- Assist with the completion of audit queries;
- Liaising with tax advisors in respect of ongoing tax compliance responsibilities;
- Liaising with PMs (Property Managers) in respect of client statements and reporting;
- Responding to clients' requests in terms of tax planning in close collaboration with external tax advisors, if needed.
- Be part of a team of part or fully qualified accountants and ensure all reporting deadlines are adhered too.
- You will be educated to the equivalent of 5 GCSE’s (equivalent of grades 5 to 9 in Maths and English preferred), A-Level’s or University Degree;
- Studying or be prepared to study towards a recognised professional qualification; such as ACCA or ACA (study costs fully supported by Alter Domus);
- Knowledge or previous experience in corporate services and Real Estate accounting will be considered as an asset.
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- You possess team spirit, a willingness and capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate; and
- Adaptable approach to using appropriate software (Yardi, CaseWare) and systems; and
- High level of IT literacy with strong Excel and Word skills.