- BDO Australia
- Brisbane CBD, QLD
- Industry-competitive salary package
- 29 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
- Join a global company with leading professionals
- Make an impact and gain experience working with a wide range of clients
- Be recognised and valued within a supportive team
Our Brisbane external audit team are looking for a motivated, engaged and enthusiastic Assistant Manager to join us.
BDO’s Audit practice is a major player within the local marketplace, auditing many of Australia’s leading public and private sector organisations across a diverse industry base. Our thriving audit practice works with and provides services to some of the most exciting, established and emerging companies.
Some of the key duties & responsibilities would include:
- Execute audits for large proprietary and listed companies ranging in size and industry
- Complete planning sections of audit files without supervision
- Work with other teams to collaborate and develop Financial Audit strategies and methodologies for our clients
- Work closely with the manager on the engagement identifying potential problem areas or budget difficulties
- Coordinates engagements without manager assistance, reporting directly to Partner where appropriate
- Awareness of reporting and regulatory requirements across a variety of frameworks
- Analysis and documentation of internal controls and control environments
- Draft management letters and completion reports
- Coach and mentor junior colleagues and build internal relationships
- Liaise with clients and identify future opportunities
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 4+ years external audit experience in a large professional services firm
- CA/CPA qualification (or working towards)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in reviewing General Purpose accounts, included listed entities
- Ability to identify scope and solve problems
- Experience and passion in leading and developing teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and exposure to Audit software
- To be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent resident at time of application
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click ‘Apply’.
Learn more what we offer at BDO.
Competitive salary based on level of experience: starting from $100,000, inclusive of super
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST