External Reporting Controller - Vice President
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 28 Mar 2023
- 28 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The Markets External Reporting Team sits within the CIB Controllers organisation and is responsible for the integrity and validity of financial, regulatory and capital reporting. The group directly supports the Head of Markets Product Control, plays a key role in implementation of new reporting and capital requirements, runs a variety of the projects spanning multiple aspects of Markets.
You will work in partnership with various senior product controllers, supporting CIB NII disclosure an conducting holistic NII analysis as well as participating in various external reporting initiatives (coordinating for CIB). You will have an opportunity to assess, test and implement innovative technology solutions in Markets External reporting space.
As a controller in CIB Markets External Reporting team, you will need to:
- Analyse and critically assess changes in NII and yields in CIB reporting space;
- Work with senior product controller to review and challenge NII forecast;
- Prepare detailed analysis of CIB yields, Markets NII Forecasts and current quarter actuals NII analysis for the review of the top management including Firmwide controller;
- Represent the team and lead efforts around strategic initiatives, which may include transitioning to central data sources and implementation of external reporting tools
- Preparation and analysis of monthly NII/yields reviews in conjunction with balance sheet analysis, including analytical review for Control owner meetings of SEC and regulatory reporting;
- Preparation of quarterly submission of CIB NII numbers, analytical review, external and internal commentaries on NII and yields changes;
- Supervision of some daily processes in Markets external reporting space, regular reviews and attestations;
- Risk weighted assets monitoring in PRA regulated legal entities, analytical review of capital changes;
- Perform deep dive analysis on a broad range of topics in focus of management.
- Participate in, and oversee, various aspects of the production and review of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports filed with various regulatory agencies
- Consolidate, review, and analyze quarterly financial data for accuracy and completeness
- Develop and implement various control procedures and edit checks to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Perform quarter-over-quarter variance consolidation and review
- Maintain familiarity of accounting pronouncements and disclosure requirements
- Participate on firm wide teams to implement new accounting disclosures
- Help identify gaps in current reporting process and participate in the implementation of new controls and strategic solutions
- Establish and manage relationships with the line of business and Corporate Financial Reporting teams
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Solid work experience in Finance organization with exposure to accounting, financial statements, regulatory reporting and financial products
- Experience in Product Control, Financial Control and/or knowledge of Reg Reporting a plus
- Strong understanding of end-to-end reporting and control processes
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to summarize complex information and deliver it at business executive level
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative; ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Positive can-do attitude looking to add value across the breadth of the business
- Team player, willing to interact with teams across a wide variety of functions
Preferred qualifications, capabilities , and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, CPA a plus
- ACCA/CIMA/CFA qualified
- Familiarity with SEC and Regulatory reporting
- Experience in working with Alteryx or other intelligent technology solutions
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.