International Tax Analyst II
- Mary Kay
- Dallas, Texas (US)
- Competitive salary
- 28 Mar 2023
- 28 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Internal audit, Tax
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified, Newly qualified, Qualified accountant
Assists the Manager, International Tax with global tax planning, international tax compliance, tax audits, transfer pricing, tax research, and international operations reviews. Also assists in providing tax support to multi-departmental disciplines, international operations and regional offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Has knowledge of and is able to assist in the preparation of all annual transfer pricing documentation required by the U.S. and each country which may include the following:
- Master file
- Local file
- Country by country reporting (CbCR)
- Country by country Notifications
- Is able to assist in the preparation and/or review of intercompany agreements and is able to partner with the foreign affiliates to provide the necessary documentation to support intercompany charges.
- Assists with the calculation and analysis of various intercompany charges such as Consulting Fees, SaaS Implementation Fees, and Software License Fees; this may include providing variance explanations and assisting with Forecast.
- Assists in gathering information and preparing responses arising out of the Internal Revenue Service audits and/or audits by foreign tax authorities of international operations.
- Assists with indirect tax compliance in foreign jurisdictions including staying current with indirect tax laws in countries where Mary Kay operates.
- Has knowledge of and is able to prepare, with assistance, international compliance forms in the U.S. federal tax return.
- Assists with the review and coordination of foreign tax returns and statutory accounts.
- Assists with the preparation of tax and financial analyses necessary to develop and support tax planning opportunities related to international transactions. Research tax issues as they arise.
- Stays abreast of international tax laws in all countries where Mary Kay does business or plans to open operations. Diligently monitors the large volume of regulations, constantly changing legislative initiatives, or case law changes on all levels, for both direct and indirect taxes and evaluates any effects to the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting with an emphasis in tax. Qualified to sit for the CPA exam preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Analysis: With guidance, analyze moderate to complex information. Demonstrate ability to develop solutions to problems.
- Communication: Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Influence: Able to produce a desired effect by building and maintaining trusting relationships.
- Internal Controls: Ability to review and understand company financial policies and procedures and ensure that these policies and procedures are followed.
- Professional Skepticism: Ability to identify unusual transactions and perform independent research to investigate root cause.
- Storytelling with Data: Able to organize data in a way that is easily understandable to an audience. Can develop a narrative from the data to communicate results or ideas effectively.
- Technology: Ability to utilize existing digital tools and technologies to perform tasks at a high level of productivity.
- Timeliness/Quality: Ability to self-manage priorities to ensure deadlines are met. Completes work with minimal supervision and high quality of work. Able to manage expectations of business partners.
- Tools: Proficient in the use of software tools and systems; this includes Microsoft Office applications and understanding of relevant tax preparation software. Demonstrate ability to independently research problems. Intermediate understanding of the downstream effect of something happening in the system.
- Travel: Some international travel may be required.
Looking for a career where you can make a difference? At Mary Kay we are committed to enriching the lives of women and their families around the world, we offer careers with unlimited opportunities to do something beautiful every day. More than 5,000 employees work in locations around the world. They provide the products, marketing and other support to millions of Independent Beauty Consultants (IBCs) who work as independent contractors, selling our products directly to consumers in nearly 40 markets on five continents.
We are a company that believes in our people and cares for them with truly exceptional benefits. We offer:
- A comprehensive health plan which includes medical, dental, and vision with low premiums
- 401(k) plan
- A generous profit-sharing program
- Free access to on-site fitness center and on-site clinic
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.