Sr. Internal Auditor
- Mary Kay
- Dallas, Texas (US)
- Competitive salary
- 28 Mar 2023
- 28 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Internal audit
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Accountable for planning, performing, and documenting multiple Internal Audit reviews of financial and operational controls as well as general information systems controls testing. Provides Mary Kay management with an independent examination of the adequacy of information systems, financial and operating policies, procedures, and controls. These examinations may identify areas and methods for improvement resulting in recommendations to promote efficiency and cost savings.
- Utilizes judgment, prior audit experience, and benchmark data to determine whether financial and operational controls as well as information systems are functioning properly, comply with good business practices, and if established policies and procedures are adequate. Determine if changes, or definition of policies and procedures, are needed.
- Evaluates internal information systems, accounting and operational policies, procedures, and controls to identify weaknesses and areas for improvement. Identifies, investigates, and documents preliminary findings on unusual data patterns. Evaluates significance of identified risks through an independent risk assessment and defines corrective action using a strong set of analytical skills and broad accounting and auditing knowledge.
- Develops recommendations with cost/benefit considerations to assist management in identifying areas of improvement to enhance operating efficiencies, accuracy of data, internal control environment, and financial performance.
- Recommends policies and procedures to improve methods of safeguarding assets, provide more timely and accurate financial data, improve efficiency, and minimize cost.
- Responsible for developing specific audit program steps in accordance with the COSO framework, audit work plan, and specific audit tests for departments or areas with no prior audit lead files, workpapers, audit programs, history files, or departments with or without policies and procedures. Works with information system auditors to design tests to fulfill audit objectives. Provides suggestions for areas to be included in the Internal Audit departments annual audit plan.
- Prepares concise reports on examinations and findings which detail areas examined, areas needing improvement and measures required for corrective action. Drafts reports and memos for review by management and sends drafts to operation management for review and comment.
- Participates in meetings with all levels of management to provide information regarding the implementation of information systems, accounting, or operational controls.
- Assists external auditors on interim and annual basis to assure complete, accurate records and adequate internal controls in compliance with financial reporting requirements. May assume responsibility for internal audit activities over cycle counts in the US. Escalates areas of noncompliance to internal audit management.
- Provides their expertise and experience to business projects in a consulting capacity in order to define the optimal end solution.
Skills & Experience
Experience: 5+ years’ experience in a global organization (private or public) or a public accounting firm
Education: Bachelor/Masters Degree in Accounting or Business Administration required (must be CPA eligible)
Required/Preferred: CPA and CISA
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, generally accepted auditing standards, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) internal control framework, governance, audit techniques and testing, and information systems, financial and operations controls.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Experience in ACLGRC (Highbond) preferred. Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Company systems, how transactions are processed, and a technical understanding of how multiple systems interface/interact.
- Must be able to identify cases where ACL Analytics or other similar computer assisted auditing technique software packages may improve the efficiency or effectiveness of an audit procedure.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively secure information from various departments, domestic and international management to perform audits. Must be able to organize and succinctly explain deficiencies, risks, and recommendations in understandable and non-technical language.
- Ability to demonstrate an objective and questioning mindset
- Must be willing and able to travel and examine international subsidiaries. Must be able to assist in audits of international subsidiaries including operational, financial, and systems reviews. Travel potentially up to 10%, although individual trips may be of several weeks’ duration.
- Hybrid work environment, must be able to be in the office 2 days per week.
Looking for a career where you can make a difference?
At Mary Kay we are committed to enriching the lives of women and their families around the world, we offer careers with unlimited opportunities to do something beautiful every day. More than 5,000 employees work in locations around the world. They provide the products, marketing and other support to millions of Independent Beauty Consultants (IBCs) who work as independent contractors, selling our products directly to consumers in nearly 40 markets on five continents.
We are a company that believes in our people and cares for them with truly exceptional benefits. We offer:
- A comprehensive health plan which includes medical, dental, and vision with low premiums
- 401(k) plan
- A generous profit-sharing program
- Free access to on-site fitness center and on-site clinic
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.