Technology Risk Assurance Assistant Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy – and directly advise the owners and management teams leading them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Technology Risk Assurance (TRA) team sits right at the heart of the Audit practice. We leverage our deep technical expertise to evaluate the risks associated with the use of technology for businesses in a number of sectors - from Consumer Markets, Retail, Technology Media & Telecoms, Natural Resources, Energy & Shipping and Financial Services. We use data analytics procedures to look for trends, anomalies and also understand IT and business processes whilst identifying the risks. It’s exciting and interesting work that can include evaluating risks around emerging technologies such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics Process Automation (RPA) as well as cyber related risks.
As part of our TRA team, you'll receive all the support you need to reach your potential and build your technical skills.
We’ll help you succeed
The work we do is underpinned by quality. We deliver audits which are trusted and transparent which can be relied upon by companies and their stakeholders. You’ll be someone who is comfortable working pro-actively and, managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with Senior Managers, Directors, and BDO’s Partners. You’ll help deliver accurate and transparent reporting to all relevant stakeholders as you provide long term value. You’ll be someone with:
- Identify and evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of client controls for managing risks around information security, change management, computer operations, and system design and development
- CISA qualified (Essential), and a professional qualification in finance such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA (desirable)
- Experience of IT general controls and application control reviews in support of external audit engagements which includes understanding the implications of control deficiencies and approaches to test risk materialisation
- Experience of supporting external audits companies in a wide range of sectors, including but not limited to - retail, manufacturing, gaming, financial services, technology, public or professional services.
- Possess strengths that are aligned to the development of TRA, including, but not limited to: collaboration, innovation, communication, decision making, and analytical skills.
- An interest in technological innovations relevant to audit, and a willingness to learn and adapt skills to become a part of one of BDO's fastest growing teams.
- Auditing ERP packages such SAP, Oracle & Dynamics AX.
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to our business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions. We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.