Senior Associate - Operational Restructuring
- PwC Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur
- Competitive salary
- 28 Mar 2023
- 28 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Operational Restructuring team, will provide you with the opportunity to support our clients survive an imminent crisis or simply fix gaps in their organisation. In joining, you’ll help clients, among other things, reduce balance sheet stress, generate cash and reduce costs or refinance to find the best source of capital to support their business objectives. Whatever the solution, we help them manage road blocks until the job is done.
Our team helps organisations optimise their working capital management to drive business and enhance their financial position. You’ll get exposure to and help our clients with cash flow analysis, debt financing, refinancing, liquidity and negotiations.
Do you have experience in any area across operational restructuring, supply chain planning, cost reduction, pre/ post deal operational due diligence, manufacturing and logistics operations? We are looking for Senior Associates and Managers with strong operations and process improvement experience, preferably in the area of mergers and acquisitions.
About the role
Our team looks at Operational Restructuring across the industries, both in the public and private sector companies. Our work blends hands-on situational and stakeholder management skills, with functional expertise (such as supply chain planning, procurement, manufacturing, etc.) as well as industry expertise. Our aim is to support our clients to deliver operational improvements with pragmatic, hands-on solutions to ensure sustained future success.
You would work with a range of clients in a highly rewarding environment. You need to have excellent analytical capabilities supported by strong interpersonal skills and tenacity to support the delivery of operational restructuring projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with client’s leadership and functional teams to drive strategic and operational initiatives, implement solutions, measure results and ensure performance meets desired targets
- Understanding of the key business processes and key performance indicators for identification of improvement opportunities
- Define solution approach to address client’s business issues and perform cost benefit analysis of the initiatives
- Develop action plans to address opportunities
- Take ownership of engagements, including client management, preparation of work plans, developing hypothesis, driving solution design and implementation, facilitating client teams across levels to ensure alignment and timely decisions to deliver value
- Track, evaluate and report the key metrics/ benefits pre and post implementation of the projects
- Ability to draft the business logic for development of digital tools for process automation, and recommend the tools to the client teams
- Strong understanding of the financial statements
- Drive business development and support business development
- Working with other PwC teams on presentations and/ or reports to key stakeholders (e.g., Board level/ management updates)
- Active contribution to the teams marketing efforts (both internal and external) is expected and encouraged
- Company, sector and market research and analysis
- Degree in any discipline with excellent academic record
- Previous experience in operational due diligence, supply chain planning, manufacturing, procurement, or logistics. Consulting experience is preferred.
- Proven project and time management skills
- Sound financial analysis skills
- Strong commercial awareness and business analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels
- Experience of a range of sectors or specific expertise in a broad market sector
- Ability to manage and motivate others, where required in the role
- Ability to work in tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written English
You'll be joining a team who will welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst developing your skills further within one of the world's leading professional organisations.
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificate and Transcripts from SPM onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size picture
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)English
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.