Manager, Group Support Services Finance
- Sydney - CBD Area
- Not disclosed
- 28 Mar 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
The Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) team is part of Group Finance, partnering with senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Marketing, Strategy, Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end to end finance functions for these businesses and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation.
The team manages an annual P&L spend of $2.5b with direct engagement/exposure to ~50% of the Banks senior leadership team.
See yourself in our team
- The purpose of the role is to partner with a key Group Support Unit providing finance support to both business customers and to internal finance teams.
- This team is the prime finance contact for the assigned support unit (Financial Services). As a manager, you will own and drive the business partnership agenda, maximizing value for the customers by utilizing direct report and automated reporting to provide the relevant customer with the finance support they need to drive their business forward. Prioritization and influencing skills and a continuous improvement mindset are crucial to be successful in this role.
- In addition to being a prime finance contacts the team will work with Group and BU Finance teams, to co-ordinate common deliverables across GSSF (month and year end deliverables).
- Key duties will include:
- Conducting analysis and providing insights on common expense areas across Support Units e.g. IT costs and leverage technology for insights and automation
- Managing deliverables and stakeholders and ensuring the team always delivers quality information, on time.
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Driving a strategic transformational focus on the use of the resources available in both in the team and in other parts of Financial Services.
- Proactively working with the wider GSSF team, to embed a productivity and innovation culture, and identifying and delivering on opportunities for business and process improvements e.g. standardized reporting.
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as required.
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- High degree of commercial acumen and strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, innovate and drive results
- Leadership & Team management
- Excellent presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 13/04/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.