Accounting Manager, Fund Services
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
TMF Group is a leading provider f critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports for Alternative Investment Vehicles (primarily Venture Capital, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Real Estate) and managing staff as appropriate.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review of financial statements, including footnotes
- Manage tax and audit process
- Provide necessary information to auditors and tax accountants for completion of audits and tax returns
- Review of quarterly management fee calculations
- Primary client contact, including responding to client questions and requests
- Manage client relationships, including leading regularly scheduled meetings with clients
- Manage, train, and develop staff and senior accountants. Includes onboarding, enforcing company policies, and completing performance reviews.
- Review capital call calculations and capital call letters
- Support for team members as needed
- Preparation and review of distribution calculations and distribution letters
- Read and understand Limited Partnership Agreements to determine how the provisions of the LPAs impact the financial statements, capital calls, distributions, and management fees
- 1099 review
- Ownership of client product delivery, including managing both internal and external timelines
- Interfacing with valuation, treasury, investor relations, and management company teams
- Communicate any potential client needs and potential new business to Sr. Manager and Director
- Provide exceptional client service experience, including timely responses to client requests
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Excellent at creative problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills along with sharp attention to detail, as well as strong time and work management skills.
- Resourceful and motivated to find outside-the-box solutions to everyday client issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and high level of focus on quality, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- The commitment to independently complete tasks to reach the clients’ goals, which at times may require hours above the standard work week.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance or related business discipline; CPA or EA preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ senior accountant and/or manager experience in public accounting and/or fund administration
What's in it for you?
- Pathways for career development
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities, so you can take your career further within TMF.
- Continuous development is supported through global learning opportunities from the TMF Business Academy.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Remote flexibility
- Competitive pay
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
Applications close: 31 Mar 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.